One wonders if they will open the line without the original scope completed.
The current plans call for the line to open from Steels to Park St using the Rathburn station by 2026 at the rate it been built. As for the 2 extension opening dates depends on the province giving the green light to build them. At this point in time, will the Brampton extension be on the surface or in the $500 million tunnel to win seats and please Brampton Council??

No EA on the books at this time nor does the city know when it will be for the expanded loop.

The line could open in late 2025 from MCC to Steeles to meet Ford needs for an election in 2026 as a show and tell how he is building transit or from Derry to MCC early 2025 for an election that year. This will have major impact on the 30 year contract as well the 5 year warranty period.

Now Alstom has given up trying to fix the boogies of Ottawa LRV fleet that happens to be the same LRV's coming for Hurontario Line, I guess the first car for the line that been in Kingston for testing and dealing with Ottawa LRV's since last year will now be shipped to the OMSF.

It will have no place to run since there is no overhead in place outside of OMSF at this time. The first thing that will take place will be the towing of the LRV from OMSF to Eglinton this summer to see if there are issues with the line and if so fix them. Once they are fix and the OS in place, the LRV will do a walking speed to test the OS and any fixes. If it past the test, the LRV will increase the testing speed until it meets the speed limit test requirements. Then training starts.

The test bed is now Topflight to Eglinton in place of Matheson that was supposed to started in February this year. The extra tracks lengths will reduce the burn-in stage and allow drivers more training. Also to show everyone one what is coming down the road. Will not see the testing to MCC until early 2025 as there is no bridge over the 403 nor is the elevated section built as well the elevated T connection.

I have not heard that it is confirmed to be back on, but given how little work has happened at Gateway Terminal on building the station it seems like it would be feasible to reintroduce it as part of phase 1.
Yeah. All they've done is remove the median and widen the roads in anticipation of tracks being laid, but it seems there's still more to be done. I would hazard a guess that it hinges on the 407 overpass work being completed before anything else reaches Brampton.

I drove through the 407 and passed Hurontario, and there were quite a few people working around the retaining walls. I didn't get a chance to see what the surface on Hurontario looks like, or if they did any additional work to begin with, but I'll take another look eventually.

Yeah. All they've done is remove the median and widen the roads in anticipation of tracks being laid, but it seems there's still more to be done. I would hazard a guess that it hinges on the 407 overpass work being completed before anything else reaches Brampton.

I drove through the 407 and passed Hurontario, and there were quite a few people working around the retaining walls. I didn't get a chance to see what the surface on Hurontario looks like, or if they did any additional work to begin with, but I'll take another look eventually.
Which side of Hurontario were they working on?? They should be working on the east side as that is where the new beams have to go for the new ramp and the removable of the northbound lanes to put in the other haft of the guideway as well rebuilt the bridge itself.

The last time I had a looked at the bridge, the southbound lanes were nearly ready to be open as only the curbs at both ends need to be done, the 2 expansion joints and pouring the sidewalk and the road still to be done. Once done, traffic would be shifted to it to allow work to be done on the northbound. It took over 9 months to do the work. Unless things are speeded up on the northbound side, the earliest you will see tracks on the bridge will be February 2025, but it doesn't stop building the guideway from the north side of the crossover for the northbound traffic to shift back to the northbound lanes.

Once the northbound traffic is shifted back to their own lanes, the 2 sections on either side of the bridge, this will allow the building of the guideway that will take a month or so to do it.

The area from Topflight to the bridge still needs to be built for both the road, sidewalk and the guideway.

The current plans call for the line to open from Steels to Park St using the Rathburn station by 2026 at the rate it been built. As for the 2 extension opening dates depends on the province giving the green light to build them. At this point in time, will the Brampton extension be on the surface or in the $500 million tunnel to win seats and please Brampton Council??

No EA on the books at this time nor does the city know when it will be for the expanded loop.

The line could open in late 2025 from MCC to Steeles to meet Ford needs for an election in 2026 as a show and tell how he is building transit or from Derry to MCC early 2025 for an election that year. This will have major impact on the 30 year contract as well the 5 year warranty period.

Now Alstom has given up trying to fix the boogies of Ottawa LRV fleet that happens to be the same LRV's coming for Hurontario Line, I guess the first car for the line that been in Kingston for testing and dealing with Ottawa LRV's since last year will now be shipped to the OMSF.

It will have no place to run since there is no overhead in place outside of OMSF at this time. The first thing that will take place will be the towing of the LRV from OMSF to Eglinton this summer to see if there are issues with the line and if so fix them. Once they are fix and the OS in place, the LRV will do a walking speed to test the OS and any fixes. If it past the test, the LRV will increase the testing speed until it meets the speed limit test requirements. Then training starts.

The test bed is now Topflight to Eglinton in place of Matheson that was supposed to started in February this year. The extra tracks lengths will reduce the burn-in stage and allow drivers more training. Also to show everyone one what is coming down the road. Will not see the testing to MCC until early 2025 as there is no bridge over the 403 nor is the elevated section built as well the elevated T connection.
The surface option for the Main Street Extension is now $900 million, and the tunnelled option is now $2.8 billion. Additionally, staff does not want to have the tunnel dug from both ends because it would be more expensive, despite them needing to dig a hole the length of the station box at that exact location anyway, instead they want all of the excavation to be done from the south end, in the middle of the road.

Which side of Hurontario were they working on?? They should be working on the east side as that is where the new beams have to go for the new ramp and the removable of the northbound lanes to put in the other haft of the guideway as well rebuilt the bridge itself.

The last time I had a looked at the bridge, the southbound lanes were nearly ready to be open as only the curbs at both ends need to be done, the 2 expansion joints and pouring the sidewalk and the road still to be done. Once done, traffic would be shifted to it to allow work to be done on the northbound. It took over 9 months to do the work. Unless things are speeded up on the northbound side, the earliest you will see tracks on the bridge will be February 2025, but it doesn't stop building the guideway from the north side of the crossover for the northbound traffic to shift back to the northbound lanes.

Once the northbound traffic is shifted back to their own lanes, the 2 sections on either side of the bridge, this will allow the building of the guideway that will take a month or so to do it.

The area from Topflight to the bridge still needs to be built for both the road, sidewalk and the guideway.
Just took a look at my dashcam footage since that's all I currently have. From May 31st, they were working in the Eastbound section of the 407/Hurontario with a concrete truck pouring cement for what I am assuming is either the retaining walls, or the foundation for the retaining walls. I'm not very well versed on this so make of it what you may.

1717464671856.png

On the surface, the southbound lanes of Hurontario are still down from 3 lanes to 2 lanes. Part of me is wondering if they're just trying to get the eastbound work done before they reopen these lanes. At the rate they're going with minimal changes to the 407, I'm guessing it's going to take another year which wouldn't be surprising at all.
1717464847922.png

Just took a look at my dashcam footage since that's all I currently have. From May 31st, they were working in the Eastbound section of the 407/Hurontario with a concrete truck pouring cement for what I am assuming is either the retaining walls, or the foundation for the retaining walls. I'm not very well versed on this so make of it what you may.

View attachment 569317

On the surface, the southbound lanes of Hurontario are still down from 3 lanes to 2 lanes. Part of me is wondering if they're just trying to get the eastbound work done before they reopen these lanes. At the rate they're going with minimal changes to the 407, I'm guessing it's going to take another year which wouldn't be surprising at all.
View attachment 569326
Thanks,
They are building the retraining footing for the pier for the northbound on ramp to the 407 to allow the widening of the bridge for the other haft of the guideway.

I take the 2nd photo is southbound and real surprised the southbound lanes are not open yet. The southbound lanes are paved with the curb in place which is new from my last visit for the photo.

You are correct about another year till the bridge is done since it taken a year for the southbound lanes and part of the guideway so far. Another year is clearly saying end of 2025 opening could be had depending on how fast both side are built for the crossover traffic along with testing of it. Then there is the full schedule testing that is needed for 60-90 days continues to say it is ready for service, with a winter/spring 2026 opening date at the end of the day

June 4
Sad to say the T connection for Burnhamthorpe has been scrap and will be a straight line since the T is supposed to be not in the contract contrary been stated from day one and up to last year it was to be built. This will allow Mobilinx making up some of its cost overruns when it comes time to put the T in like it was supposed to. The City is not happy on this as it will disrupt the intersection twice with the T taking about 4 months to do it along tearing out what has been built. Even though the province has stated the extension will happen, but with no green light for funding it, Mobilinx has decided to change plans with the city still going after them to do it right on day one.

With the Mayor race over on June 10, the province could be holding off announcing the funding and giving the green light to do it. Work is not supposed to be schedule until late July or August and this leaves time to do it right.

The city will be pushing for the T connection at the next meeting again.

The thought of doing the T after the line opens in 2026 will cause 4 months of no LRT south of Sq One with the city having no buses to do shuttle service for that timeframe at this time.

Had a look at Central Parkway today and they are installing duct banks with the possibility forming of the base could happen later this week with pouring next week. Northbound traffic off peak backup from Elm to Central Parkway. All the duct work up for the station that I saw.

Was planning on looking at the north end Saturday, but rain kill that idea.

More up on my site from May 19-31

Central Parkway Station
53770505296_0fc744e85a_b.jpg

53770833934_3af6ca911d_b.jpg

May 31
53770453141_6c8d4b47a3_b.jpg

53770453206_323699a502_b.jpg

May 28
53768109414_d5faa32232_b.jpg

May 27
Have to walk on the curb and use the fence to get over this swamp at Park St that happened after rain storm for locals
53765798080_0b120bf70c_b.jpg

A few small sections of the retraining wall for the station roof to be pour
53765798075_3b480f5d3c_b.jpg

53765797985_db670b5215_b.jpg

Last edited:
June 6
That was quick for 2 things.

The southbound curb lane from Dundas south will be open to traffic as of Monday. All the curb in place with the lane pave along with driveways as well the Dundas bus stop. Once this is fully open, work will start on the northbound curb lane.

On May 27 had a major issue with the northbound bus stop at Englewood caused by both Mobilinx and miWay that I nearly ended up on the floor of the bus. Sent photos of the dangerous stop since I have seen other riders having similar issues on Friday along with the complaint to both parties. I had to do a follow up with my Doctor today and the bus stop is back to where it used to be to the point the bus driver almost miss me. He said the stop wasn't there on his last trip today that it was moved in the last hour.

As of June 14 at 7pm until June 17 5am, Englewood intersection is to be close. No concrete pour for the tracks for the new intersection yet.

Tracks are in place across the Queensway waiting for concrete for Phase 1

My comment to Metrolinx email today
(They felt it would be faster for the closure)
As for Central Parkway intersection, it will speed construction at great head ache to everyone as well longer travel time for transit. Today I saw over 12 cars do an U-turn on the red as well left turns at Elm without stopping. At the same time, you have drivers making a right turn onto Elm and then do a U-turn so they don't have to deal with the long wait to do a U-turn. Most of these driver don't live in the area and are either not aware of this closure or the detour route is too far out of their way.

No pictures because I was driving, but the girders have been installed for the LRT-only bridge over the 403, over the eastbound highway lanes. Exciting to see.
It will be the south side as the north side not close to having the pier to support them yet.

Surprised they have place them them this soon other than another show and tell saying we are doing something. It could be also to backfill the retaining wall as will building up the transferring area for the T connection.

June 8
More up on my site

Excavation has started for the substation at the south end of the ESSO station.

Looks like they are starting on the Burnhamthorpe station or is it the Matthew Gate based where the first sets of duct work is and not the way others have been done to date.

Rebar forming has started on top of the subbase for Robert Speck Station

Ran into a few crews I come to know this past year with information being learn on both sides. Couple crew members who were new to the crew said they learn more about the project and issues in the short span than the last 2 years being on the site.

One thing I learn, the Chief Designer for the project lives and work in London UK who fly over a number of times during the year to checkup on things. Most of the design work and detailing is done in London.

Crew unloading steel mesh frames for the rail base for phase 1 for Sq One Dr as the base is poured for it. It will be about 2 weeks before they shift to phase 2 that will allow legal right hand turn in place of the no left turn that see drivers ignoring the sign daily. Saw a fair number of illegal turns as no police on site.

No one is sure why the girders were place for the south section over the 403 as the work for the bridge is not close to being started other than show and tell as well the contractor freeing up space in the yard as well getting pay for them.

Nothing has started for the north pier yet, but work is underway building the STYRO Ramp System Guideway between Hwy 403 and Hurontario St using Styrofoam Blocks.

Hydro is nearly finish replacing the poles and wires on the east side of Hurontario north of the 403 as well running power lines to the substation. Once they are finish, about 200' of curbing and roadwork from the 403 off ramp has to be done so the northbound can be shifted to the east to allow work to start on the guideway from the 403 to Kingsbridge

Work should be finish this week for the Rathburn Ramp wall that had to be rebuilt as it was too low in the first place.
53778852035_79bd7f8d96_b.jpg

53780685089_9978a7596d_b.jpg

53780578243_a6ea30c660_b.jpg

53779417702_25628bf48d_b.jpg

53778860525_9f10baafb6_b.jpg

53780350591_95163a3c8e_b.jpg

53780350756_a024d3fddc_b.jpg

June 9
Walked the final section of the corridor today from Topflight to Steeles to say I have walked every inch of the corridor this year. Weather almost kill that idea and should left earlier when it was nice.

With my bus being 10 minutes late, I did some car counting for the left turn at Elm Dr with 90% of the traffic doing an U-turn. No less than 14 vehicles were waiting to make a turn with only 5-6 doing it per green light with a few running the red. Some got out of the line up and either went to Matthew Gate to turn or turn right onto Elm Dr E to do a U-turn.

Crew working on Sq One Dr with a stock pile of ties there now with other material for the trackwork. The rails have been moved from the south location to the area.

I am now wrong for having trackwork in place from Topflight to Eglinton this months and maybe it will be September with all the tracks still to be place, let alone being pour in place. They are installing tracks south of Eglinton to the plaza driveways. No new poles have been installed since my last visited.

The reason for no left turn at Mathison is they are digging a trench for something beside the new intersection and hard to see from the bus for it.

Derry Shelter is still in the same condition as in January and no sign of work for the other platforms ready for the shelters.

No Overhead installed yet from OMSF nor the rest of the poles for various intersection.

The southbound lanes north of Topflight to Ray Lawson not close to been open to shift traffic to it as curbs and sidewalk are missing. The southbound bridge is ready to open, but the missing items are keeping it close. What I saw and going out on the limb, southbound will open July or August at the latest now. The same timeframe could happen for the opening of the northbound in 2025 and will push the opening of the LRT into 2026 for sure now.

The work that was noted on the east side of the overpass by a member is the building of the retaining wall and the piers for the new westbound 407 ramp. A new ramp will have to be built inside of parts of the existing ramp.

Being able to have a closer look at the centre of the bridge, the southbound lanes do not line up on the same angle of the existing girders that a stub has been added to the centre pier to support the new road deck with a widening gap from the south to the north and new north pier being built between the girders. The gap with be fill in once work starts on the northbound section and it will support the guideway.

From the 407 overpass to Ray Lawson, all the underground work is now completed that was taking place in March when I saw the area. This will allow the building of the curb and the curb lane as well the 407 on ramp for the widening of the road. The asphalt sidewalk in place with fencing up on both sides of it. Until the traffic is shifted, work cannot start for the north bound widening including wet/dry utilizes and sidewalk.

From Ray Lawson to Steeles, will leave it up to the Brampton folks as I was having a hard time trying to figure it out what has happen and what has to happen other than what I have seen the last 2 years which wasn't much. I will say off hand, a huge amount of work has to take place to widen the road.

What caught my eye was some of the bus stops as they had not only the standard wooden platforms, but a shelter anchor to a concrete pad and the first ones I have seen for not only for Hurontario, but as Finch and Eglinton.

Try to take some shots and videos from the bus heading home and not great ones since the diver was well over the speed limit since it was an express bus. I will have to slow the videos down of all things.

It will be a day or so before they are up

Last edited:
June 9
Walked the final section of the corridor today from Topflight to Steeles to say I have walked every inch of the corridor this year. Weather almost kill that idea and should left earlier when it was nice.

With my bus being 10 minutes late, I did some car counting for the left turn at Elm Dr with 90% of the traffic doing an U-turn. No less than 14 vehicles were waiting to make a turn with only 5-6 doing it per green light with a few running the red. Some got out of the line up and either went to Matthew Gate to turn or turn right onto Elm Dr E to do a U-turn.

Crew working on Sq One Dr with a stock pile of ties there now with other material for the trackwork. The rails have been moved from the south location to the area.

I am now wrong for having trackwork in place from Topflight to Eglinton this months and maybe it will be September with all the tracks still to be place, let alone being pour in place. They are installing tracks south of Eglinton to the plaza driveways. No new poles have been installed since my last visited.

Derry Shelter is still in the same condition as in January and no sign of work for the other platforms ready for the shelters.

No Overhead installed yet from OMSF nor the rest of the poles for various intersection.

The southbound lanes north of Topflight to Ray Lawson not close to been open to shift traffic to it as curbs and sidewalk are missing. The southbound bridge is ready to open, but the missing items are keeping it close. What I saw and going out on the limb, southbound will open July or August at the latest now. The same timeframe could happen for the opening of the northbound in 2025 and will push the opening of the LRT into 2026 for sure now.

The work noted on the east side of the overpass is the building of the retaining wall and the piers for the new westbound 407 ramp. A new ramp will have to be built inside of parts of the existing ramp.

Being able to have a closer look at the centre of the bridge, the southbound lanes do not line up on the same angle of the existing girders that a stub has been added to the centre pier to support the new road deck with a widening gap from the south to the north and new north pier being built between the girders. The gap with be fill in once work starts on the northbound section and it will support the guideway.

From the 407 overpass to Ray Lawson, all the underground work is now completed that was taking place in March when I saw the area. This will allow the building of the curb and the curb lane as well the 407 on ramp for the widening of the road. The asphalt sidewalk in place with fencing up on both sides of it. Until the traffic is shifted, work cannot start for the north bound widening including wet/dry utilizes and sidewalk.

From Ray Lawson to Steeles, will leave it up to the Brampton folks as I was having a hard time trying to figure it out what has happen and what has to happen other than what I have seen the last 2 years which wasn't much. I will say off hand, a huge amount of work has to take place to widen the road.

What caught my eye was some of the bus stops as they had not only the standard wooden platforms, but a shelter anchor to a concrete pad and the first ones I have seen for not only for Hurontario, but as Finch and Eglinton.

Hurontario / Main Northbound from 407 to Steeles has been the same since last year. A lot of the work that needs to be completed still hinges on either permits being issued by the city for sanitary / wastewater / storm and other utilities that need upgrading, or finding the hours to do so. The wooden bus platforms exist because the killstrips/shoulder where buses stop are exactly where the utilities that need to be upgraded are.

Once this work is done, the new cycle lanes and roads need to be shifted and re-painted to reflect the changes for HMLRT. As it stands right now, Brampton doesn't seem to be ready to move further with the project given just how many utilities run along Main Street.

Hurontario / Main Northbound from 407 to Steeles has been the same since last year. A lot of the work that needs to be completed still hinges on either permits being issued by the city for sanitary / wastewater / storm and other utilities that need upgrading, or finding the hours to do so. The wooden bus platforms exist because the killstrips/shoulder where buses stop are exactly where the utilities that need to be upgraded are.

Once this work is done, the new cycle lanes and roads need to be shifted and re-painted to reflect the changes for HMLRT. As it stands right now, Brampton doesn't seem to be ready to move further with the project given just how many utilities run along Main Street.
Thanks
From the number of trips by car, I always felt Brampton was a make work area with very little going on for it. Sunday walk did show some work has taken place, but no idea what.

As for Wet/Dry Utilizes, from Ray Lawson to Steeles is no different than the Cooksville area that I saw work on going on one side for blocks and both sides for a block. Never photograph Cooksville that much like other section and hard to say what has to happen between the QEQ and Dundas for the northbound lanes now the southbound lanes are finished and open to the Queensway as of today. Still a lot of work south of the Queensway. With traffic now been switch to the centre for northbound traffic, work can take place in the northbound curb lane.

As for permits, that has been a common complete I have being hearing for the past 18 months and don't if Brampton has done the same thing as Mississauga to deal with it. According to the Mississauga Commissioner of Transportation and Works, a special process has been setup to fast track permits so long the paperwork is correct in the first place. There are still issues getting permits today.

The one thing I fail to note is the fire station on Hurontario. I expect it will the a standard guideway for intersection with traffic light in place of the flash lights to allow the fire vehicles to go north.

All bus stops in Mississauga has seen the wooden platforms to allow work to take place in the layover areas or the curb stops that is still on going and Brampton stops are no exceptions. The bus shelter and concrete pad is a different story as I have not seen any to date and only the ones I saw were for the northbound ones only. Who paying for those concrete pads and moving the shelters??

Back