Wrong thread, I meant to post this in the HSR thread.

but it still would not be true as ShonTron pointed out. If mr. Murray's $2B cost is +/- accurate that would put the cost to very similar to the combined cost of the GTS and UPE (which I am sure were only split for political reasons).

but it still would not be true as ShonTron pointed out. If mr. Murray's $2B cost is +/- accurate that would put the cost to very similar to the combined cost of the GTS and UPE (which I am sure were only split for political reasons).
Yeah but those are GTA projects. The HSR links SW ontario to Downtown Toronto.

It's notable that every single riding the Hurontario-Main LRT will run through continued to vote Liberal, and there were no close races.

Mississauga South
Liberal - 50.7% of vote
PC - 33.3% of vote

Mississauga East-Cooksville
Liberal - 52.3% of vote
PC - 26.8% of vote

Mississauga-Brampton South
Liberal - 47.9% of vote
PC - 27.2% of vote

Brampton West
Liberal - 45.2% of vote
PC - 24.0% of vote

If the PC's want to win 905 ridings maybe they need to get on the LRT band wagon.

Last edited:
Now hopefully they can hurry it up and have shovels in the ground before the next Provincial election so it doesn't become an election issue (again).

I'm hoping to see a number of projects go to construction, Mississauga LRT included, a month or 2 after the Pan Am games are finished.

This is far enough in design that it may be approaching completion by the time the liberal term closes. There is $1.7 billion in this years
Budget for projects, most of that can go to projects like these that are far into their design phases as well as things like electrification of the UPX and the lakeshore lines.

It's notable that every single riding the Hurontario-Main LRT will run through continued to vote Liberal, and there were no close races.

Mississauga South
Liberal - 50.7% of vote
PC - 33.3% of vote

Mississauga East-Cooksville
Liberal - 52.3% of vote
PC - 26.8% of vote

Mississauga-Brampton South
Liberal - 47.9% of vote
PC - 27.2% of vote

Brampton West
Liberal - 45.2% of vote
PC - 24.0% of vote

If the PC's want to win 905 ridings maybe they need to get on the LRT band wagon.

The PC's are a rural party. Their policies don't appeal to the people in the cities and urban areas where most of the province lives which is why they lost so big in an election they should have won. Come back with policies and ideas which appeal to people living in urban areas.

Hudak went down in flames with messages like 'LRT will actually cause more congestion'. After Rob Ford's election in 2010, it's refreshing to see ignorant and harmful positions on LRT damaging a campaign. Even as she's set to retire, Hazel McCallion is still a sharp leader, speaking out against Hudak's plan to cut funding for the LRT in this statement. It had a good effect on the election results in Mississauga.

Back