4 story podium

Podium is 4 stories, same as Tides. California will be the same for a total of 6 acres of landscaped area for use by the residents of the 3 buildings. Regardless of what the ground floor is labeled, the floors still progress through the standard numbers.

Last edited:
I went by today.

The podium, at least from the front on Legion Road, is 3 storeys, count'em, 3, also as seen in Solaris' post.

The 30th storey is the last with the full north-south width of the building.

Above that there are setbacks on the north and south ends, and it is unclear whether or not the forms in place are creating 1 or 2 more floors. Will it all be mechanical up there?

The top of the centre part (where the pool/gym/iloft sales office are) is the 4th floor of the Tides. It will be the 4th floor of Iloft. If you notice, that the front entrace of Iloft will be a sort of mirror image of the Tides entrance, driveway and all.

yup... and the top is open air, so above the podium, making the first floor above the podium in both towers the 4th storey.

Regardless of what the ground floor is labeled, the floors still progress through the standard numbers.

Some towers skip 13. Others skip all the 4s. Some skip both. Others have LL, M, 1, 2 , etc. but, nothing comes close to the Royal York. The labels as far as I can see can be anything providing the legal documentation is up to code. That is a fifth floor condo in cityplace will legally be registered as a level 4 condo. (?)

P.S. people do love labels

I did my colour selection this afternoon...I think this is such a rip off...Changing from one standard color to another they charge, different size tiles- $$$, undermount sink-$$$. I knew all of this and expected this, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. And wasnt too impressed with people that worked there. My boyfriend is an agent for another builder(mostly houses) and most of the things they had as an upgrade are standard for them, so he was a little shocked. I will just have to do a lot of upgrades myself- it will comeout so much cheaper... Sorry for ranting, just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. My suggestion- don't do any upgrades- or do minimal (i just got an undermount sink) You will save a lot of money doing it on your own afterwards.

A sink is pretty easy to install. The trickiest part is getting the faucet and sink lined up properly. About a day's work for the newbie.

Tiling and painting are quite easy too. A house I renovated this summer was tiled by a 16 year old kid with 2 hour's experience, and turned out much better than the work done by his boss--a contractor with 10+ years' experience. Watch some videos on youtube or videojug, and you could have your condo tiled in maybe a week yourself. Painting is easy, but don't forget to read about the details on how to make it look better--those books in Home Depot are great.

I did my colour selection this afternoon...I think this is such a rip off...Changing from one standard color to another they charge, different size tiles- $$$, undermount sink-$$$. I knew all of this and expected this, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. And wasnt too impressed with people that worked there. My boyfriend is an agent for another builder(mostly houses) and most of the things they had as an upgrade are standard for them, so he was a little shocked. I will just have to do a lot of upgrades myself- it will comeout so much cheaper... Sorry for ranting, just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. My suggestion- don't do any upgrades- or do minimal (i just got an undermount sink) You will save a lot of money doing it on your own afterwards.

If this helps to reduce your frustration ... you should know that it is pretty standard that builders charge extra for:
  • undermount sinks
  • paint colour other than standard "off-white"
  • tiles of different size (usually bigger)
  • in my case, white 4x16 tiles were standard and the builder was going to charge $500+ for me to pick a 4x16 tile in a different colour (brown/beige)

I'm sorry ... but it so happens I personally like various hues of brown over stark white

Glazing work continues at iLoft condos in Toronto

150.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Glass installation continues on the iLoft condominiums on Legion Road North in Toronto. Toddglen Construction Co. Ltd. is construction manager of the 28-storey, 230-unit project, which includes an exercise room, pool/sauna, squash courts and a party room.

The iLoft project was designed by Atkins Architects Inc. Consultants are Y & V Engineering Ltd. (structural) and CBM Engineering Group (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); High-View Forming (1995) Inc.; Dufferin Concrete; Salit Steel (Niagara) Ltd. (rebar); Marli Mechanical; Titan Mechanical (ventilation); Zerem Electrical Services; and Allan Windows Ltd.

I am starting to like how this building is turning out. My only complaint that it looks a little anorexic. I hope it can withstand strong winds.

its the supermodel of condominums

Do you guys think they will paint the underside of the balconies? They don't look that bad from far but the third picture makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

Nice building overall!

Back