I caught this behind the property on Grosvenor:
P1070421.JPG

I guess they'll be collecting soil samples soon?

Attachments

• P1070421.JPG
    P1070421.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,827
I agree. The podium is interesting. The tower is like many others going up. Will there be 'something' in the base of the existing heritage tower or is it simply lit from within? Perhaps this has been answered before but will there be any reference to the history of the site? Reference to the LGBTQ community is where I'm going with this.

Everyone who liked the Quadrangle design here, (which essentially means the very cool podium design as the tower was nothing remarkable), should prepare themselves for potential disappointment now that the site has been sold. Cresford have only been working with one architect—not Quadrangle—so it would be a very big surprise if they kept QAL's design. Personally, I'd love to see that podium persist though…

So it's about to go into sales with a different design? At the very least they are required to keep certain elements of the base, right? The nature of the open space and the orientation to the historic tower were requirements in the rezoning.

Was I emphatic in my post? No.

In terms of being required to "keep certain elements of the base", this design does not have its rezoning approved yet. There are some heritage elements, including the old fire tower, and the facade of 480 Yonge at the south end of the site, that are heritage, and would be required to be kept in any redevelopment.

The word on the street is that the Planning Department does not like Quadrangle's design for the podium because it has angled walls that don't meet Yonge at right angles or parallel it. If that's true, it's a sign to me that department is part of the forces of mediocritization of the city, and that they feel comfortable overstepping their mandate.

They're not required to keep anything. The building still isn't approved. It's close, but not there yet. If Cresford wants to spend a bit longer massaging what they like, there's no one to stop them.

Oh No, my favourite supplier of art supplies Curry's is going to go... Hope they return some place else near. I love that store. I know there's one on queen west to but.... I like this one

So I apologize if this has been asked but that little fancy clock tower, was this a part of something bigger long ago? Like a school house or church? What's its history or name?

Curry's is run by a very religious family and they do not condone homosexuality. They have had lawsuits against them for wrongfully dismissing employees for supporting pride festivities. Which sucks given the historic lgbtq location.

Seriously? I would never have expected that. I wonder if they realize how many employees of theirs identify as queer. Haha.

Back