Agreed. Unless it pulled off the details well (unlikely), it would have looked like a "blank" art deco building, like Uptown.

Sorry, that looks like a pretty clumsy and cheap art deco knockoff to me. Thank goodness it never flew.

Each to their own I suppose. :) Great proportions, great colour and texture (assuming the right materials and cladding are used). Whats not to like? This one significantly outshines Uptown. Also the heaviness and Art Deco set backs adds a much needed sense of permanence to the skyline that is lacking, and compliments the big bank international/modernists buildings quite well. Lifetime removed all of the good details of the previous Canada Tower proposal and we are left with a very uninspired design. Thankfully this one will disappear into the skyline.

Last edited:
My only real problem with this project, is that like 300 front and Aura, it seems to employ an excessive use of spandrel again. This cheapens the overall appearance of the building will make it age very quickly.

38B059CE-088B-4564-89DC-5690652CB37F-576-000000580386D188.jpg

I'm assuming they're also overstating the reflectivity in the rendering as almost all developers seem to do. I think it will be a lot greyer than one would imagine with a lot of opaque, easily dirtied surfaces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here was the first proposal for the site. This is what should have been built here. Very well proportioned and reminiscent of Stone's Wells Fargo Tower, arguably one of the best examples of POMO ever built. I agree the height will be nice, but INDX is cheap unispiring filler that will line Lifetimes pockets with lots of dough.

+1

90% of what gets proposed these days is quite forgettable. Buildings like INDX almost feel temporary and offer no sense of permanence or place.

Last edited:
It'll be great in-fill in the financial core and will be lost in the forest of towers already down there. Good by me.

I'm assuming they're also overstating the reflectivity in the rendering as almost all developers seem to do. I think it will be a lot greyer than one would imagine with a lot of opaque, easily dirtied surfaces.

It looks to me like it will be all glass and spandrel, like every other tower that has gone up in the last decade.

'Construction' has started. The site has been fenced off and the parking lot is gone.

IS there an old basement or something under this parking lot? What building was once here? Anyone know?

Back