Reflected pink light at sunset on INDX:

IMG_0619.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 1,891
This tower is nice but also seems like a step backwards for the Financial District. In an area with so many impressive skyscrapers, it's a banal residential tower with boring cladding that could have been built anywhere from CityPlace to North York City Centre.

Yep, my sentiments exactly. It's just not up to snuff for the area. Too bad, as I don't overly mind it. Just not quite the right location.

Sure it could be better (like anything) but this turned out pretty well, the stepped crown and the dark contrasting glass make a positive impact on the CBD and at nighttime those "usb ports" lit up look amazing from the square.

Agreed. This feels suitably "big city" to me, especially from NPS. Even more so at night. It's a step above the usual condo clone. The reflective of the glass compensates for the window-wall treatment.

I think this building could have been more cool and gorgeous.This building turned to a boring glass balcony style.When i saw the 2 older proposals, it just sad.
The 2 other are more stylish and eyes catching.But here ,only conservatism win.

Here the 2 proposals.

2016915-Sapphire-Tower.jpg

Attachments

• 2016915-Sapphire-Tower.jpg
    2016915-Sapphire-Tower.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 991
I like the austerity of the building forms in the FD- anchored by the high end architecture and International style at Bay/King. For me the the design itself is relatively clean and suitably unadorned. My concern is really the clear glass balconies.

One thing that really bothers me are the ports on the southside. I wish they were all the same size instead of small, large, large, small. Curtainwall would have been great. Still, I don't mind how this tower turned out.

Yeah im sad about Sapphire as well. This isn't a bad building it's actually pretty nice in isolation compared to other condos in the city, but the financial district is a pretty awful place for this. I really don't appreciate how it blocks the view of FCP from NPS. Also, I think the land would have been much better used if it were an office tower

On a side note: Does anyone know how many people actually live in the financial district currently?

Back