I wish the architectural plans were online, the way the City now makes them available: both this building and the EY Tower were approved before that practice started.

Oxford is moving on to an interior redo of 85 Richmond sometime in the next few years, so maybe there could be a connection through there…

but somehow I think the whole thing was "real estate talk", a rumour that only became "fact" in the retelling, and that there's likely nothing in the fine print of the sales contracts for the suites at INDX.

IMG_7124[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7124[1].JPG
    IMG_7124[1].JPG
    869.3 KB · Views: 1,579
All I personally know is that when my wife and I were in the marketing suite prior to the start of Indx construction, the sales person was categorical that there would be a Path connection through the upcoming new Richmond Adelaide Center building...

I was part of the Construction Management Team on the project and I can assure you that NO Path connection will ever be completed. At this point the Condo Board wont pay the millions required to do so. One thing I can say was done, the Knock Out Panels are in place and it could be done one day, but I would never count on it.... it would rip apart a section of the Underground, The Parking Elevator and Sheppard St.

A clause within all Purchase Agreements clearly states that anything advertised in pre-sale is simply a "idea" and is subject to change without notice.

I know the Financial District BIA has a plan to improve the sidewalks in the area, over several years, but the document that lays out which street gets it when has been taken down from their website. Hmm… I can't imagine that Sheppard and Temperance Streets are all the high on their priority list, but this street and the sidewalks here really need it.

Plans are in the works to redo Sheppard and Temperance since the Construction process of INDX and EY destroyed the area. From what I know is they plan to widen the Sidewalks and reduce it to one actual lane. Sheppard will remain 2 lanes but with redone sidewalks

Not Goodo_O
Residents sick of condo neighbours vomiting, tossing bottles, bones, cigarette butts onto balconies
Residents of a century-old historic building in Toronto are fed up with their neighbours vomiting, tossing bottles, bones, and cigarette butts onto their balconies.

Pleas to the city to intervene have been unable to stop the problem, which has persisted for more than two years.

The Graphic Arts building, with its tall, Ionic columns at Richmond and Bay Streets, is 107 years old and has a rich history. It was home to newspaper-turned-magazine Saturday Night Press and a graphic arts company. The Group of Seven artists worked in the space.

The five-storey building was eventually converted into a mix of office space and condos.

Abutting it is a building offering a stark contrast — a 54-storey condo tower completed three years ago at 70 Temperance St. It hangs over the roof of the Graphic Arts building.
Since the start of construction of the taller building, the property manager at Graphic Arts started experiencing problems.
More......https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/condo-toronto-cigarette-butts-balconies-roof-1.5007221

Not Goodo_O
Residents sick of condo neighbours vomiting, tossing bottles, bones, cigarette butts onto balconies

Happy to see the Graphic Arts residents took this to the press. This well deserved shaming might actually help change things for the better. Management and owners might wake-up and think about the repercussions of living in a building with a horrible reputation.

Not Goodo_O
Residents of a century-old historic building in Toronto are fed up with their neighbours vomiting, tossing bottles, bones, and cigarette butts onto their balconies.

Pleas to the city to intervene have been unable to stop the problem, which has persisted for more than two years.

The Graphic Arts building, with its tall, Ionic columns at Richmond and Bay Streets, is 107 years old and has a rich history. It was home to newspaper-turned-magazine Saturday Night Press and a graphic arts company. The Group of Seven artists worked in the space.

The five-storey building was eventually converted into a mix of office space and condos.

Abutting it is a building offering a stark contrast — a 54-storey condo tower completed three years ago at 70 Temperance St. It hangs over the roof of the Graphic Arts building.
Since the start of construction of the taller building, the property manager at Graphic Arts started experiencing problems.
More......https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/condo-toronto-cigarette-butts-balconies-roof-1.5007221

That's pretty disgusting. It's not fair to their neighbors and it's a poor example of taking care of your own backyard. Good for people who came forward and made this an issue. I'm hoping that those responsible read the news and smarten up before they're forced to clean up. :)

Stuff like this is partially why hotels did away with balconies and operable windows years ago (suicide was the primary reason there, IIRC). That really is too bad, I feel for the residents getting others' detritus hailed down on them. It take a particular kind of shit-kicker to toss garbage off a balcony, regardless of whether they own / inhabit the unit or are just staying there.

It won't go away as long as Airb&b exists.

This has been a problem long before Airb&b came along No doubt it's gotten worse. People are pigs. I get all kinds of trash on my front lawn from people waiting for the bus, and drivers throwing cups and cans out the car window.

Go to any park and look at all the dog poo left in the snow.

Last edited:
No amount of shaming or notices will work. Sadly, this is just a fact of condo life these days.

I wonder if taking the building to court could result in a situation where the condo board is forced to lock out all residents from their balconies? It's drastic, but would probably get the message across.

I didn’t so much find the comments racist. More so rural - anti -urban /conservative - anti -liberal. Infuriating either way.

Back