Yes, according to Google and Government records, the owner of the site on Zorra Rd/Queensway is Sobey's and Remington Homes.

Remington is the IQ developer, and Sobey's will be working together to build a large shopping zone and park with Remington's condo.

It will be interesting to see.

Huh. That would augur the eventual demise of the Sobeys at the rather craptacular Kipling-Queensway Mall, just down the street.

Bring it on!

Actually there is a render in the current Condo Guide. Nothing on their website yet though.

Two modern, mostly glass, mid-rise towers joined by a podium is what I remember. They seem to continue the Loggia buildings' spirit west along The Queensway.

Huh. That would augur the eventual demise of the Sobeys at the rather craptacular Kipling-Queensway Mall, just down the street.

Bring it on!

I have no clue as to what the outcome will be. I saw the renderings in the Condo Guide, and they look pretty good.

Regarding the Sobey's input...I don't know if they will be totally re-developing the site into a new shopping-living project, but according to a government record I saw, they are joint-developing this project.

Remington homes (Bratty Family) have a long history in Toronto and York Region, as they are one of the top 5 developers in the GTA along with the Muzzo Family (Pemberton Group) who have successfully included residential homes, and condominium projects in their portfolio.

BTW............for all of you who don't understand the name 'IQ' for the new buildings;

It was picked because it is a short form for "(I)-slington (Q)-ueensway".

IQ-- get it? :)

To repeat:
chillydog.jpg

Smart. Brains.

Any updates on this project yet? I passed by the sales center few days ago and it looked like they're almost ready to go. Even had a security guard sleeping in the car on the parking lot... :)

Most recent news is that this project is on hold pending a complete redesign. It should come back to market in early 2010. Hope that's so, it would represent a good upgrade to this area.

Did it ever even open to sales? The sales centre was constructed a year ago and I never once saw a single car parked. Let's hope the redesign brings a Loggia style hefty streetwall to the Queensway - quite a bit of the recent retail construction on that street has done so, though unfortunately stuck to 1 storey. So often it seems development in the suburbs in particular takes two steps forward and one back...

At this rate, the old Wood's portico facing the QEW might as well be the new Pretzel Bell, i.e. subject to yoks about how it'll still be standing as decrepit as ever even as we enter the Futurama era

Both the Queensway and Dundas in Etobicoke have all the potential in the world to be amazing, urban, grand avenues, but I fear as long as vision-less mouthbreathers such as Doug Holyday hold influence they'll never fulfill it...

Yet said streets are represented by Peter Milczyn, who's as likely as anyone out there to advocate "urbanizing" them

so what happened to this project? last heard it was stalled cause of redesign. its been a while and the sales centre is indeed abandoned.

Back