Trying to find where you got these.. but just to point out something here, that study is blatantly wrong.

Those are houses, not "industrial/light employment".

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6656...4!1sIV0iIXjEO3AGVfeip6xSVg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Those are indeed houses but the land use is 'Employment' in the OP. Hence no plane is needed.

What's the hen OP designation though? If it isn't neighbourhoods, the angular plane doesn't matter. If it is, that's a big screw up on the developers side.

The plane is taken from the opposite corner, not directly behind the building. The point from where it's taken is indeed neighbourhoods.

View attachment 118279

Trying to find where you got these.. but just to point out something here, that study is blatantly wrong.

Those are houses, not "industrial/light employment".

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6656...4!1sIV0iIXjEO3AGVfeip6xSVg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's unfortunate because it will make it so much harder for this proposal to get approved. I imagine that block of homeowners/residents won't want to live in permanent shadow, so despite the larger units + market rate condos, this might have a hard time getting through plans - unfortunately.

Update:
Plans for a proposed 12 storey mixed-use tower in the recently trendy West End Toronto neighbourhood of The Junction have been submitted to the City for zoning by-law amendment application. The development by Slate Asset Management is set to intensify a block of Dundas Street West where five existing 2 storey buildings currently stand, bringing market condominiums and at-grade retail to a currently low density area. Located in close proximity to Dundas West Station, GO Bloor Station is also around the corner from it. Along with the GO Kitchener line, UP Express Trains stop in there as well.

This was thrown on my porch a week or so ago:

dkAF4V5.jpg

Meeting isn't listed on the development application for whatever reason.

Went to the meeting last night. NIMBY crowd out in full effect. Basically a bunch of neighbourhood stake holders/home owners, trying to prevent new people for living in the hood. No love for condos (despite condos being the cheapest form of housing the development community/Free-market can deliver). We have a small family and have given up on being able to afford a $1M semi in this neighbourhood, one of these condos are our only option left.

I thought this project was very well thought out and I failed to understand the communities concern w 12s...especially given the lack of adverse effects. Hopefully the OMB is still around to approve this project as is. The City of Toronto could use 100 more of projects just like this. If not on a Mixed Use Avenue, close to tons of transit, and backing on to employment lands and a rail corridor, THAN WHERE?

Typical Perks Politicking, but he repeatedly took jabs at the developer eluding to how he thought (and apparently previously told the developer) that 12s is too tall and not happening. The crowd ate it up...

No surprise that they're against something taller than 8 storeys as it won't be obvious to a lot of people how this is any different from an Avenues type lot: the crowd is not normally good at picking up on subtleties. The OMB is not always good at picking up on the subtleties either though, so I'm not sure that fears that the length of Dundas through The Junction could be replaced by 12 storey buildings are entirely unfounded.

So, given that people are going to be worried (justifiably or not) about such developments, developers need to understand that there is going to be a fight whenever they pitch something past what the crowd will accept. 2639 Dundas just a block or so away strikes me as a little better massed to manage people's expectations of what's acceptable as density increase.

I agree that the proposal for 2639 and duke condos are better examples of the size of development that should be done in this area. They will probably end up taking off 2-3 stories and be closer to 100 units than 170.

I'm all for this block being developed and I live literally around the corner. I just think it's a bit too big and the total abscence of visitor's parking spots is pretty much going to ensure I'll never be able to find a street parking spot again unless they add some.

Exciting re demo! Is this project still going ahead as 12 Storeys? I thought the rendering looked great.

Back