If you get rid of the "sorta rooming house" is removing low income housing. Not good.

I saw an apartment there this summer, was about $1400 for a very small 1-bedroom if I recall correctly. Hardly cheap. Also I don't think we should be trying to perpetuate bad housing.

2639 DUNDAS ST W
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Zoning By-law Amendment to faciliate redevelopment of the site by demolishing the existing 1-storey automotive repair shop and constructing an 8-storey residential building containing 110 units and having a total gross floor area of 8,680 square metres.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 17 267100 STE 14 OZ Nov 24, 2017 Under Review

5tTidlv.jpg

Very little land, and 8 rental units to replace for the developer? The weird property in behind seems like rooming house and is also for sale.

It's actually the 6/7th levels, and this is actually a 9 storey building as the second levels of the townhouses is labelled as a "mezzanine" to attempt to make the building sound shorter than it is.

It's actually the 6/7th levels, and this is actually a 9 storey building as the second levels of the townhouses is labelled as a "mezzanine" to attempt to make the building sound shorter than it is.
Just as an FYI for anyone wondering, if the City allows the developer to call something a mezzanine, it doesn't count as part of the official floor count of the building (in the cases where they care how many floors, typically for Avenues style buildings like this one, whereas for taller buildings they tend not to care. For taller buildings it's more about height as it affects angular planes and shadows). A mezzanine cannot have more than half of the floor space that the footprint of the building, and it happens fairly often on buildings where there are townhome units on the ground floor, but much of the rest of that level is taken up with double-height spaces such as lobbies, retail, loading docks, etc.

UrbanToronto follows the City's level numbering, not counting mezzanines.

Back