New docs, included architectural plans, have been posted:

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=4259833

viewSupportingDoc-1.jpg

huiuhiuoi.jpg

Now 100 units and 29 metres in height.

Attachments

• huiuhiuoi.jpg
    huiuhiuoi.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,304
  • viewSupportingDoc-1.jpg
    viewSupportingDoc-1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,344
Reactions: PMT
Meh, the design could be better, particularly the finishes on the balconies and the top 2 levels of the building which dont pop out at all and just give the overall building a blander look than it should.

As for the actually height and massing, this is exactly what we need on this portion of The Queensway. Not the non-sense style townhouses that are right across the street on the southeast corner Queensway and Islington, and not over-development proposals for 20+ storied buildings on the southwest corner of Queensway and Islington.

I''ve used the words Queensway and Islington quite a bit, and when one thinks about it that intersection is a perfect example of the mish-mash of ideas/development that come when the city doesn't have a cohesive thought out plan for an area. We end up with townhouses on one part of an intersection, ~8-10 story mid-rises on another end, and a proposal for 20 stories on another side. Ultimately, I believe there needs to be a balance of all these types of development, but they need to be built where they are actually appropriate. For instance, townhomes would work great closer to Queensway and Royal York, and not so much around Queensway and Kipling.

As for the actually height and massing, this is exactly what we need on this portion of The Queensway. Not the non-sense style townhouses that are right across the street on the southeast corner Queensway and Islington, and not over-development proposals for 20+ storied buildings on the southwest corner of Queensway and Islington.

I am thinking exactly the same.

There is so much room to build high rises and add some real density in the lands in between The Queensway and the Gardiner.

However, the development facing The Queensway should be aiming to create a more intimate built environment and pedestrian experience.

I echo your comments about the lack of planning for the area. If we were serious in this city about managing future growth, we would have full precinct plans for the entire stretch of The Queensway and be planning an LRT to Sherway Gardens.

That is not even a hard ask of our planning department. You know who is doing exactly that for a similar corridor? Mississauga along the entire stretch of Dundas.

Kazmir Condos:

In what deluded planet is this development a 13 minute walk from Kipling Station? The least these "marketing" people couldve done was looked on Google if they dont know anything about the neighborhood, which clearly they dont:rolleyes:

Can someone please hire me for that job.

1615850571303.png

1615850711380.png

In what deluded planet is this development a 13 minute walk from Kipling Station? The least these "marketing" people couldve done was looked on Google if they dont know anything about the neighborhood, which clearly they dont:rolleyes:

View attachment 306008

View attachment 306009

Plus, wouldn't Islington station be a bit closer? Ugh, condo marketing is hilariously bad.

View attachment 306008

View attachment 306009

Its ~3.3km

Most people's walking speed is in the 3-4km/ph range.

That 'mistake' is really rather glaring.

Back