I really wish they had not put the EIFS vertical boxes and spandrel on the King Street side of the podium, obviously attempting to mimic the Westinghouse. It's cheap-looking and the Peter Street side is without. They would have been better off having both sides of the podium looking like the Peter Street side, and not attempting anything Westinghouse-ish.

View attachment 227258

small pinch point but they’re cast stone not Stucco.

You can clearly see that the balcony undersides are not finished. The joints are already painted/taped. They will paint the undersides.

The lights are great and very welcome. I work nearby and spend a lot of time around here in the evening and especially with all the construction and dead empty lots so much of the area at street level is very dark and doesn't feel nice at all — sidewalks cast in a heavy gloom. Would love to see more of this kind of human-scale lighting on buildings all around the city.

You’re right. That stretch is very dark. Ironically, the Bell Lightbox does nothing to help this. The SW corner of the building is covered up and dark. This is the exhibit side of the building so it’ll always be covered which is a shame. I wish they’d turn it into an event space and cover up only when paid exhibits are on.

Feb 3, 2020

DSCN0944.JPG

Ground for the sidewalk on the King Street frontage is being prepared now. For those who were concerned regarding the Jersey barriers being part of the site work for the King Street streetscape in front of King Blue, at this point it looks more like the Jersey barriers were installed for a temporary pedestrian walkway while the permanent sidewalk is being built.

20200210_125212.jpg

Back