View attachment 525330

*Image from post above

Is that really an outdoor hot tub (large concrete part of the left) as I think was mentioned a few pages back?
I did mentioned that a couple of pages back. The fifth floor of the east mountain contains most of the amenity spaces. The pool/spa is located at the prow of the east mountain at the building opening between the east and north mountains, where Brant Street terminates at King. The original design was to have the outdoor hot tub connected with the indoor swimming pool at the middle, forming a T-shape (see rendering below) with a pass-through in the wall so you can swim inside to outside, but I believe the hot tub was redesigned so it’s now fully separate from the pool (see plan below) which is no longer open to the exterior.
I think this is better from an energy efficiency and maintenance point of view.

IMG_2812.jpeg

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

Last edited:
The forms look impressive. Super curious how cladding will complete the look. I'm sure it's going to look nicer with cladding, whenever they source it...

Financial difficulties at Westbank, specialty glass supplier out of business. What's the over/under that we get Toronto standard window wall here? lol

...one would question whether any glass supplier would trust Westbank to pay them if that was the case, lol.

However, it appears the subcontracts are getting paid here...as it looks like the building still being worked on. So there's that...and for what it's worth. /shrug

I did mentioned that a couple of pages back. The fifth floor of the east mountain contains most of the amenity spaces. The pool/spa is located at the prow of the east mountain at the building opening between the east and north mountains, where Brant Street terminates at King. The original design was to have the outdoor hot tub connected with the indoor swimming pool at the middle, forming a T-shape (see rendering below) with a pass-through in the wall so you can swim inside to outside, but I believe the hot tub was redesigned so it’s now fully separate from the pool (see plan below) which is no longer open to the exterior.
I think this is better from an energy efficiency and maintenance point of view.

View attachment 525331

View attachment 525332
View attachment 525335

I'm much more curious about this man:
1702496277142.png

1702496292410.png

Who is he? What is his story? Why is he standing there? Why is he staring at a concrete pillar?

Back