22oct2011

037ni.jpg

I am assuming (hoping) that there will be retail at the base of this three-building complex (especially since it's on the main 'drag' of the village)?

I am assuming (hoping) that there will be retail at the base of this three-building complex (especially since it's on the main 'drag' of the village)?

You would think there would be retail but from what I've seen while walking by, it just looks like it's just residential to me. A nail shop, dry cleaners and Rabba would be better than nothing. At least it would have the potential to change but I actually appreciate having a Rabba near me. I use it all the time.

People have said they are going to paint the brick, but is it possible they are going to leave it that tan colour? I like it the way it is! :)

If we paint the brick the same colour as next door, it will make the building "pop" more I think. This is just a rough Photoshop, we don't actually see the brick pattern in the colour that I used.

KING-WEST-LIFE-06-11-2011-3x.jpg

You would think there would be retail but from what I've seen while walking by, it just looks like it's just residential to me. A nail shop, dry cleaners and Rabba would be better than nothing. At least it would have the potential to change but I actually appreciate having a Rabba near me. I use it all the time.

I recall they were all "live / work" townhouses at the base fronting the street ... but as it usually goes, there's typically more living than working in these units

There is no retail at all in this building. The ground floor condo's aren't live/work. They are just plain townhomes. There will be retail in the Tower, the other Plaza building and live/work units there.

Why does the ground floor of this building in the image above not line up with the street? Can anyone clear that up for me? :)

I hope Pure Plaza keeps the precast-brick panels unpainted--looks almost decent like this.

But yikes, considering these units sold so cheaply during the crash on Winter 2008-09, and sold heavily to investors--that's a ton of 1 bedroom units to find tenants for!

Proposed Tower/Construction

Hi everyone,

I live in Vibe and have a south/west corner unit. I overlook the A. R. Machinery Building and know that it is currently called "Block 8".

Does anybody know of any potential development for this site? I've heard many different scenarios, including a small tower being proposed to built on top of the historical building. And all I have to say, is ugh - another residential BUILDING??!!! I feel this would be a great site for an amazing "St. Lawrence Market" type of conversion.

Thanks and any info would be great!

Back