Could someone answer my question?

Why does the ground floor of this building in the image above not line up with the street? Can anyone clear that up for me? :)

Last edited:
I overlook the A. R. Machinery Building and know that it is currently called "Block 8".

Does anybody know of any potential development for this site? I've heard many different scenarios, including a small tower being proposed to built on top of the historical building. And all I have to say, is ugh - another residential BUILDING??!!! I feel this would be a great site for an amazing "St. Lawrence Market" type of conversion.

Hey, vibe_condo...welcome to the forum:)
Your absolutely right, what a great building for a "St. Lawrence Market" type of conversion. i hope the city shuts down any thought of demolishing or developing over-top that beautiful building.

Last edited:
All I can ask regarding Liberty Village is: what happened? The architecture thus far is mediocre at best, and does nothing to enhance or address the history and richness of the existing buildings. This area had so much potential, the possibility of a Distillery District for the west end, but instead pretty much all of the new buildings have failed. Don't get me wrong, there are still some great things happening in Liberty Village, but the redevelopment has been overwhelming and unsympathetic; very suburban in design and execution.

Definitely a missed opportunity overall, though partly saved by reuse of the beautiful old warehouse buildings.

All I can ask regarding Liberty Village is: what happened? The architecture thus far is mediocre at best, and does nothing to enhance or address the history and richness of the existing buildings. This area had so much potential, the possibility of a Distillery District for the west end, but instead pretty much all of the new buildings have failed. Don't get me wrong, there are still some great things happening in Liberty Village, but the redevelopment has been overwhelming and unsympathetic; very suburban in design and execution.

Definitely a missed opportunity overall, though partly saved by reuse of the beautiful old warehouse buildings.

I agree. Just ugly design there. Huge missed opportunity IMO. But my oh my is that Metro there a great place to pick up women.

To answer the question of not lining up with the ground, I am assuming that it is because East Liberty street is on a hill. Not really too many options if they want the building to be level!

I think they should build the building to match the sidewalk. LOL.

I am sure they will have the sidewalk on a slop with a leveling off at the entrance ways to each of the 3 buildings. After all, this is certainly not the only building where the road is on an angle in Toronto.

I can attest to that. In fact, that whole area is full of good looking women.

Tell me about it - everytime I've been to that Goodlife gym, it's been packed with hot chicks, which is not the case at all at any of the other locations that I frequent.

does anyone have any updated pics of the progress?

Just this one from Wednesday the 18th:

KWL20120118cjw.jpg

Sorry Oliver, it's chickless.

Back