they really need to take that Occupancy Fall 2012 sign down...stop giving me false hope!

I know people have posted about this but now that the glass is almost complete on tower 3, I am really liking the non-painted look. I hope they keep it like this.

I agree with you (I previously for one posted). Unfortunately, someone at the sales office said the plan is to paint the brick red like the renderings. However, 140 Simcoe also built by Plaza was to be red brick and it was actually yellow/beige brick that they used

bricks

I'm happy they're painting the brick. Looks too bland with the cream brick.

swung by today and noticed the painting of the bricks has started, as you can see on the previously posted image..looks good...need contrasting colours

swung by today and noticed the painting of the bricks has started, as you can see on the previously posted image..looks good...need contrasting colours

thank you for the update.
Can someone maybe take a picture so we can see what it actually looks like vs. the "renderings" for colour contrast and appearance. Unfortunately it is a bit far for me to travel to get there to see first hand.

bricks

can just see the start at floor above podium

IMG-20120121-00182.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20120121-00182.jpg
    IMG-20120121-00182.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 378
Thanks upnorth49. From the small amount, it does look good.
Just in the renderings I thought it was a bit overwhelming.
We will have to wait and see the reality.

Out of curiousity,
does someone know how they paint this? Is it a large sprayer they use or is it rolled or how do they paint the brick?
Also, does someone know how long and effective is brick painting is?

paint wont start peeling until the developers warranty runs out, but that is just a guess.

Of the new Liberty Village buildings, I like this new complex the most. I like the stepped terraces and the loft-like windows. The live-work units at the ground level remind me of CityPlace. I don't see how they can be expanded to be larger establishments. They can be used for small doctors offices, nail salons, insurance offices, etc. I would have preferred double height retail along the base that appears more like retail. That would have animated the strip from a pedestrian perspective. The sloping grade along the front has made entry into those units awkward.

It shouldn't peel as the paint is absorbed by the concrete. It will fade but should last a long time barring any chips in the concrete.

$$$$$$$$$$$ They sold this building crazy cheap iirc around the time of the flash crash--2008-09. Weren't 1 bedrooms going for $150k?

I predict 90% of the units will be rentals, probably each investor group bought 50 units.

I don't recall exactly but I believe prices started at around $220K for a 1 bedroom of around 500 sq.ft.

They did start to sell in May 2008 and then sales virtually dried up from Sept 2008 to April 2009. They then picked up a bit.
They then went on to sell building 2 (about 75% in 4 weeks in Nov 2009) and 70% of building 3 in Dec 2009 and have continued with sales in all 3 buildings.

What Plazacorp did and has always offered has been superior finishings and quality as standard. That never made the units crazy cheap but they were and continue to be relatively good value compared to other projects at the same price point.

Back