Isn't masonry becoming somewhat of a lost art? I'm sure the guys still around doing it don't come cheap and even just doing a facade around a concrete core would be pretty expensive. Maybe someone with more insight could confirm.

I agree with Brad Lamb on this!! https://twitter.com/#!/BradJLamb
" My god-Plazacorp's Liberty Village development The King West is horrendous. Can we not do better in this city? "We should be endeavouring to develop buildings as art. Buyers need to stop rewarding developers who don't try to create great housing.

plazacorp is a solid builder, they just build ugly buildings. This development is one giant monstrosity. Imagine if Plazacorp masterplanned a community? If you thought Cityplace was bad...

I agree with Brad Lamb on this!! https://twitter.com/#!/BradJLamb

" My god-Plazacorp's Liberty Village development The King West is horrendous. Can we not do better in this city? "We should be endeavouring to develop buildings as art. Buyers need to stop rewarding developers who don't try to create great housing.

I'm sorry, but what?
The vast majority of people don't buy units in a building based on architecture.
Most aren't well versed in architecture or skyscraper geeks to begin with. People's preferences are largely determined by affordability and location. For someone who works in the development industry I'm shocked at his supposed naivety in this regard.

I'm sorry, but what?
The vast majority of people don't buy units in a building based on architecture.
Most aren't well versed in architecture or skyscraper geeks to begin with. People's preferences are largely determined by affordability and location. For someone who works in the development industry I'm shocked at his supposed naivety in this regard.

First off, why doesn't Brad Lamb list all the projects he sold over the years. And let's see just how many of those were architectural gems and "art".

Second, I wonder how many of those project Brad Lamb sold were Plazacorp ones? (I'm figuring none). I bet if he had sold their projects in the past he'd be singing a different tune.

I can tell you that there's at least 1000 owners of King West who disagree with Brad. I happened to choose this building because out of all the buildings in the area, I happened to like the design the best. I also found the condo to be excellent value, in a great location. Exterior appearance of a building really makes no difference. The interior of your suite is what's important. I can also tell you that the people who bought those fantastic terraced units are loving the design.

As for Brad's buildings, here's a great example of sub-par architecture... Parc Lofts. It's a big concrete box totally out of place. I think it's one of the ugliest buildings in the city. There's really no architectural style there. Sure the balconies are sort of staggered, but they are oversized and ugly.

I can tell you that there's at least 1000 owners of King West who disagree with Brad. I happened to choose this building because out of all the buildings in the area, I happened to like the design the best. I also found the condo to be excellent value, in a great location. Exterior appearance of a building really makes no difference. The interior of your suite is what's important. I can also tell you that the people who bought those fantastic terraced units are loving the design.

As for Brad's buildings, here's a great example of sub-par architecture... Parc Lofts. It's a big concrete box totally out of place. I think it's one of the ugliest buildings in the city. There's really no architectural style there. Sure the balconies are sort of staggered, but they are oversized and ugly.

How could you say all those nice things about KWL design then all those negative things about Parc Lofts?

You have got to be kidding me. I don't even know where to start.

March 25

IMG-20120325-00215.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20120325-00215.jpg
    IMG-20120325-00215.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 352
True, but someone who follows: "Exterior appearance of a building really makes no difference" with "here's a great example of sub-par architecture... Parc Lofts. It's a big concrete box totally out of place. I think it's one of the ugliest buildings in the city. There's really no architectural style there. Sure the balconies are sort of staggered, but they are oversized and ugly" should surely be asked to further explain themselves should they not?

Because he's not you and not everyone will have the same preferences.

I should just except someone with poor taste especially when it affects me? His apartment is one thing. His building that presents itself to the public realm is something completely different. Those Plazacorp condos on Stafford, for example, are absolutely hideous and has nothing to do with glass vs brick.

Only a fool would see value in the puny panes of glass offered by King West

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry that buildings effect you so but your completely mistaken in one respect, this is NOT the public realm we're talking about.

Only a fool would see value in the puny panes of glass offered by King West

Then I guess this city has no shortage of fool's. :rolleyes:

Back