Do you own a unit there? If that carpet is destroyed (it's already pretty worn in some areas) then the owners will have to pay to have a new carpet replaced. Having to replace carpet in an entire building is expensive..no matter how cheap it is.

Yes I live there and haven't noticed any worn or destroyed carpet was just making a blanket statement.

Yes I live there and haven't noticed any worn or destroyed carpet was just making a blanket statement.

I was in there today. I walked through the development and saw all the amenities. I have to say nothing looks cheap. The billiards room is great, the bowling alley is fantastic, the theater is super comfortable with big theater chairs and a couple of love seats, the gym is nicely stocked and brightly lit from the wall of windows, the courtyards are looking great, the golf simulator... There's just not much to complain about in this building. I certainly didn't notice any problems with the carpets. I have been in many buildings and the quality is comparable to others I have seen.

16 June 2013: I see much to complain about this building:

8hsu.jpg

7u73.jpg

ta90.jpg

How can you not complain about those buildings? They help to ruin Liberty Village and were a mistake from the beginning. Painting brick to save money? Come on, how long will it be before those bricks start to fade and look like crap? I think it's ridiculous. Spend a few more bucks and get some decent coloured, real brick. Not only that but these buildings feel oppressive, when walking by them.

Last edited:
Been driving by this development on the Gardiner recently--there's so much 'detail' it's hard to take it all in. Far too busy, imo.

Aug 16 from the Ex

Will go against the grain and say one of the better looking mid rise and not the cookie cutter square box
9567041684_72b958eaf3_b.jpg

9567041100_8549703b86_b.jpg

9564248681_7786c6626f_b.jpg

9567039776_7bb00a064d_b.jpg

9564247287_7e28f0864c_b.jpg

^ Demolish all those buildings, build new mid-rises, and make it the athletes village for the 2024 Olympics...(wish but can't actually happen, of course).

All in all they aren't that horrible. Hopefully the building materials were quality products and the buildings age fairly well. That said, they could have easily done a better job by using larger glass panes and cutting down on the mullions. The excessive Mullions just make it look cheap.

The idea with the mullions was to echo the windows of the older warehouses in the district. Jus' sayin'!

I find them quite refreshing from the constant monotony of the blue glass boxes.

I like brown buildings as they have a warmth about them as opposed to steel blue glass boxes which can be frightfully sterile and alienating at street level.

Fair enough. Just seems that they over did it a bit. The windows are fine, I just think they look to busy. Like maybe using 66% of the mullion they have now could've added some aesthetic class to it. Overall a nice break from the glass towers though

I agree, nice break from the glass. Question, what is going to happen with the land between these buildings and the lakeshore rail corridor? It looks so unkept through there.

there was talk that this land might be converted into a new road way along the southern bit of liberty village, once the underpass and other metrolinx construction is complete, to provide easier auto/bus/people/bike flow.

Back