We need rubber added to our asphalt - high quality rubbers - or maybe not the cold would destroy the rubbers abilities - or some better binding agent that can expand and contract and prevent cracking. All our innovations and we're still using pebbles in almost everything we do - cement and asphalt lol..

Our asphalt specs are fine, there was a few years after the City spec transitioned to a different mix spec that contractors seriously did not adapt well (I think main west by Mac is evidence of this). The primary issue in my mind is usually under designed pavement specs on bus stops, utility cuts, and the eventual cracking around manholes and CBs. The city prefers when MHs and CBs have concrete collars to the surface layer now (and this is fibre reinforced concrete), but another issue is making sure proper subgrade compaction around them happens so there is less sinking. Reducing heavy vehicle use and vehicle use in general would also go a long way.

Perhaps hard to tell from the photo, but the commercial unit has some lights and such up and on. Unsure if there's anything planned for the spot yet, no permits I could find for the address:
1000004039.jpg

What's going on with the finish on the white stone? Is that just wet marks or is it actually dirty/scuffed up?

Finally! When are the units available? The retailers in International Village must be overjoyed!

Looks like a decent 1-bed layout.

What's this, apartment units which are actually functional unit layouts?
My exact thought. The condo I had purchased and have now sold in Burlington has a mediocre layout, but my parents purchased a condo in Burlington downtown with the shittiest layout I've ever seen. It's had like 40% usable space.

Based on current market prices, 1bdrm, 1bath will likely be ~$1995/month at a minimum. I'd bet higher based on location though. If I had to make a totally random guess, this particular unit would be $2200.
*balks at the price*

I pay like 900 for a 2 bedroom in the east end.. crazy...

*balks at the price*

We rent out upstairs 2 bed unit for $1800/month. That's a low price for our neighbourhood by James St N. We're not interested in gouging people though, we just want to cover the cost the maintain, and for utilities with a bit extra to help with living a bit closer to our preferred area.

*balks at the price*

Jeezus. My friends in St Catharines pay $1,700 for a 2 bedroom (and their landlord has pressured them a few times to up the rent - quote - "Do you even know what the market rate is in 2024!?"😒)
You can't even get a studio for 900 anymore

Be grateful for your low rent! The market is terrible if you had to find new accommodation

Last edited:
Jeezus. My friends in St Catharines pay $1,700 for a 2 bedroom (and their landlord has pressured them a few times to up the rent "do you even know what the market rate is in 2024!?"😒)
You can't even get a studio for 900 anymore

Be grateful for your low rent! The market is terrible if you had to find new accommodation
$900 is insane. I'd be able to save sooo much money with that rent. Our mortgage, property taxes, insurance and utilities is like $4500/month, but renting out upstairs makes it reasonable for us $2700/month after that. That doesn't include maintenance or renovations though.

Back