Seems pretty decent based on what's shown so far. Interesting to see CentreCourt go with BDP Quadrangle here instead of their usual go-to firm IBI.
They did use BDPQ for their site at Eglinton and Bathurst, so perhaps they were happy with them and brought them on for another project?

Preliminary Report on this one to the next meeting of EYCC:

Mostly the usual comments, with some added on in respect of verifying EMF impacts...

This did get my attention:

1649166119042.png

Also some concern about noise mitigation as it relates to the transit hub.

The new rendering is added to the database. There are some changes to the project information. The total unit count was reduced from 572 units to 544 units. Total parking was also reduced from 43 parking to 34 parking. The overall storey count changed from 52 storeys to 50 storeys. Finally, the full height changed from 169.00m to 160.60m.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - SEP 2  2022-9.jpg

Doesn't seem like it will take much warming for them to be viable in the GTA though, if they are native to SW Ontario.

Kentucky Coffee Tree is viable in Toronto now; I would argue it's showing some signs of being invasive (I've seen it colonizing in a couple of spots in the ravines.)

My concern first is mislabeling. Let's simply be accurate. There are 100% authoritative lists of what is native to Toronto published by the TRCA. Don't call it 'native' unless it is native (to Toronto)

Second, when introducing species which aren't native, one gets into the realm of unpredictable effects. Should the species do well here, it may displace trees that are native; that may in turn effect local birds, insects, and other wildlife.

Ginkos do quite well in Toronto (and aren't native to North America at all); they also, though, aren't invasive.

However, they notoriously feed and host virtually nothing. Which means some landscape architects love them, because they're highly pest resistant.

But on the other hand, not good for the local eco system. Fine to put one here or there, not great to be planting thousands.

Decision Report to the next meeting of EYCC, Approval Recommended.

It's through at 50s.

There was a decrease in floor plate size, but of note, it's still above the 750 guideline the City normally shoots for:

1676385712794.png

1676385745603.png

Don't recall if we knew this before:

"The existing driveway along Dundas Street West is proposed to be closed to create an
un-interrupted bicycle track and public realm."

Being marketed as "Kipling Station Condos":

Perhaps worth noting that there is some (minor?) community uproar from some local Six Points residents. A Facebook group is decrying the project for a lack of parking spaces and storage lockers, and is quite vocal in opposition to the project. Concerns were brought up to Councillor Morley, who apparently is on-board with the projects. These locals are lambasting her for being an "anti-car" Councillor in Etobicoke. Given that the building is located beside a TTC, MiWay and GO station I'm slightly puzzled by this opposition short of it being simply another wave of NIMBYism from owners of detached houses. Some further concern with the building becoming overrun with delivery services (SkipTheDishes, UberEats, Amazon deliveries etc.) was also brought up - I think I can sympathize with that critique a bit more, as the roadway leading to Viking Lane by the entry of Farm Boy off of Dundas is constantly overrun with parked vehicles and bad drivers performing 3-point turns to get back out again.

The most confusing part of that Facebook complaint is that they seem to think there aren't already pedestrians at that intersection. Or possibly that more pedestrians would make the intersection unsafe? And more cars would make it more safe? One wonders if they've ever walked in the area.

I've never seen a local residents group here positive about any tower.

The most confusing part of that Facebook complaint is that they seem to think there aren't already pedestrians at that intersection. Or possibly that more pedestrians would make the intersection unsafe? And more cars would make it more safe? One wonders if they've ever walked in the area.

I've never seen a local residents group here positive about any tower.
They have complained from day one with the group getting lager as each new tower was built. Complained about the crossovers and buses that usually parked on the street since there was no room for them in the terminal until it was expanded. The first group objective the building of each tower as well as others joining them as each new tower came on line.

Should be no parking here at all or a few spots for renting a car as needed.

As for walkers, there are some going over to Tim's or when a Mississauga bus drops off and pickup riders at the corner. TTC drops and pickup riders there as well. Standard comment from people who don't walk.

Wanting more parking is saying I needed another parking space for my 2rd-5 car and a good place to get one.

Back