View attachment 268140

Who said anything about split terminals? That conversation would be more apt for the east end of Line 2, where they've admitted there won't be full frequency on the extension.
Cute map, but it depends on the placement of the East Mall station which is why i suggested the split terminous. For years the owners of Cloverdale kept a provision in place for a Bloor Danforth line extention, so assuming it was extended to curve north to hit that land, you would need to consider a spliting the line.

If the Honeydale Mall site was used as in your map, than clearly you wouldnt. Keep in mind, crossing over Shorncliffe Road in that map you provided above isnt as simple as one thinks.

Which is exactly the things i've been calling for (ie: split terminals). There's no reason why the Bloor-Danforh line couldnt be extended to both Cloverdale Mall AND Sherway Gardens. Actually in reality, it should be extended to both destinations.

The only thing that prevents this from happening is the TTC's limited thinking, because I know this idea hasnt even crossed their mind. And if it does now that I bring the idea up for them, they will come up with some BS excuse as to how operations would be "oh so complex" if they did this and it wouldn't be feasible.
Honestly i dont think nobody will ever ask for a pioneer village like terminal cuz thats dumb

It's a yes and no thing depending on the rider as to where they travel to/from where they live. For me, I am a 15 minute walk from a Hurontario transit stop today + X time for a wait for one of 2 buses on it + 5-7 minute ride + 10 minute walk to GO Cooksville Platform + X wait time + 25 minute train ride to Union or about 10 minutes to Kipling + 5-7 minute walk to the subway = 45-49 minutes + wait time to Kipling and 60-62 minutes to Union + wait time; then another 10-15 minute walk to where I am going. Taking transit its 8 minutes to my bus stop + 2-3 minute wait + 25 minutes to Dundas stop for Kipling + 10 minute walk to the subway or GO Platform + 25 minute trip to Yonge + 5 minutes for a Yonge subway + 10-15 Minutes to King + 6 minute to where I am going = 85-90 minutes. Other than the Yonge line I have a seat compare to standing for 25 minutes on GO. Sometime I can get a seat on the Yonge line going in and have a seat all the way home. A number of times I am going to X in Toronto and that rule GO out right from the word travel. There are times I been able to get to Metrolinx office in 1:15 minute by local transit.

If we look at a rider near the Dixie they have a 10 minute walk from Dundas + X time to get there and about 20 minute GO ride to Union + wait time for the train compare to a 10-15 minute bus ride + 60 minute to Union + walk time to Dundas.

Where it become better to use GO is from Erindale to Lisgar than try using the 109 express bus from Islington/Kipling.

If all day service happen for every 15 minutes, you may see more station to station in Mississauga travel as well to Kipling west of Cooksville.

As long people keep on being Union Focus as where everyone is supposed to go, they are missing the big picture where people are really traveling to/from in Toronto. Downtown Toronto is not the centre of Toronto today like it was 10-30 years ago.

For me it's more like Yonge/Eglinton, Kennedy and a few other location outside normal weekday travel. Even my normal work day travel this year is been off the wall as it been all over the place.
I can't stress this enough. Too many people even on here view Toronto's RT system as a question of how to get to Union, rather than how to get from one part of the city to another, regardless of where that may be. Yes for inter regional travel we should prioritize GO, but not everyone is travelling large distances between regions, sometimes you just need to go somewhere that's somewhere near the border, and GO would be too cumbersome for such commutes.

The regional transportation plan acknowledges that and identifies a lot of circumferential routes as priorities for higher order transit. But if you are not traveling longer distances is RT really that critical?

The regional transportation plan acknowledges that and identifies a lot of circumferential routes as priorities for higher order transit. But if you are not traveling longer distances is RT really that critical?
When I say Long Distance I mean from Downtown Richmond Hill to Union. What I mean by Short Distance is from Richmond Hill to Midtown or NYC. GO Transit has use funneling people to downtowns, but something needs to exist to get people to minor centers, especially in areas with poor GO Transit access such as the Richmond Hill Corridor and Milton Corridor.

GO is going to be evolving into more of a rapid transit like service and less commuter shuttling downtown (at least on some of the line). There is probably a lot more BRT and a bit more LRT in our future as a region to enable trips between suburban centres. Where rail lines don't exist, GO is making those connections with buses, but they are liable to get stuck in traffic.

Eventually it might actually make sense for someone to commute from Oakville to Mississauga CC using GO + Hurontario LRT, for instance. As it stands, transit for a trip like that is at least 3x slower than driving, even in traffic. With GO Expansion + LRT it could be reasonably close in transit time.

I can't stress this enough. Too many people even on here view Toronto's RT system as a question of how to get to Union, rather than how to get from one part of the city to another, regardless of where that may be. Yes for inter regional travel we should prioritize GO, but not everyone is travelling large distances between regions, sometimes you just need to go somewhere that's somewhere near the border, and GO would be too cumbersome for such commutes.
That’s why i love the 407 and 401 go buses, although your point applies to the latter more. The new 94 go bus goes through the whole city of toronto to get to pickering/square one, stopping at STC, Yorkdale and Keele. The 34 go bus provides 24/7 service to and from the airport-finch and it's more better than taking the ttc. I would count it as toronto’s rt system because it isn’t restricted to just ttc. GO is making more stations And stops within toronto, and increasing frequency on it as well. We tend to disregard it because GO is an inter regional service but we forget that some GO lines are more convenient and faster even within toronto to get from one end to the next

I found the Soffville line handy as I was close to the Agincourt Stn. . It used to stop at Danforth Stn. I got off there so I could go east to Oshawa to get the GO 88 bus to Peterborough. Now I have to take Warden to the Subway to Main then the walk to Danforth.
How about a stop at Scarborough Stn. to let people off to go eastbound?

I found the Soffville line handy as I was close to the Agincourt Stn. . It used to stop at Danforth Stn. I got off there so I could go east to Oshawa to get the GO 88 bus to Peterborough. Now I have to take Warden to the Subway to Main then the walk to Danforth.
How about a stop at Scarborough Stn. to let people off to go eastbound?
Didn't Stouffville Line trains begin stopping at Danforth and Scarborough in 2015/16 respectively? When did they pull those services?

Oct 2
Until I get some shots from the GO platforms to confirm what I am seeing on the north side, it looks like there is now 16 bays in place of 14. The north side saying 8 bays with GO having 7 & 8 at the east end. All bays have display screens for both direction, with platform 8 being testing.

All the new driveway around TTC sub station is fully built to the new layout. Ground being compacted and sub base lay for the new Kiss & ride east-west area.

Not sure why there is a mesh over the walkway area.

The new station is mostly completed on the exterior and no idea on the inside. No idea what has to be done in the tunnel to connect the new station to TTC station other no elevator in place yet.

Knowing Metrolinx, they could open the terminal before year end without the elevator and forcing the accessibility riders to do a long hike with TTC parking lot to open in 2021.

Lot more up on site.
50429355928_ac39776355_b.jpg

50430222467_78d3634081_b.jpg

50430048716_11317d2444_b.jpg

50429356738_c7831c9189_b.jpg

50430223282_a1fc81bddb_b.jpg

50430047461_6e4a170ca2_b.jpg

50430220892_57732ba156_b.jpg

50429353633_b73e46a1f8_b.jpg

50430046296_c2afeae0f1_b.jpg

50430223957_095519c6fa_b.jpg

50429360063_3c00a6489a_b.jpg

50430226837_fb4c9e9300_b.jpg

50430229317_51b3f9ffe6_b.jpg

50429364618_fe669940b4_b.jpg

50429368438_5a2923e99e_b.jpg

50430063741_ce29688efb_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like The Hub will going into service around Christmas and the end of service to Islington, other than 26.

26 will use the on street stops only and this will allow TTC to move their bus route to the south end platform . This will allow TTC to close all the bus bays until 2021 when the whole structure will be torn down. That will be short live until a new station and bus terminal is built as part of redevelopment of the Islington land.

Got to laugh, as it seems Metrolinx is pushing Mississauga to take over TTC routes 49 and 50 as it was my recommendation back in 2004 & 2006 in my business case that Metrolinx has used for other systems and TTC routes since then.

Mississauga get control of the Hub early Dec and doing test runs now. I sure hope all the elevators are working by then for the Kiss & Ride area to allow access to/from TTC for the accessibility community, as will GO platform. Otherwise, the standard Metrolinx screwing accessibility community for opening things too early and telling them to take a hike to Get To/From TTC until they are ready.

Will not be surprise if TTC parking lot will not ready this year.

Haven't had the time to do any photographing the last few months and had to be out of town again later this week. I am 9/10 months behind a few area for shooting and 1-3 on others compare to the past this year.

Oct 31
I sure hope Mextrolinx not going to pulls a show and tell by having miWay starting service Christmas to Jan 2nd from the new Hub when the PPUDO building isn't close to being ready now. At the same time, is the elevator for it working to allow accessibility riders access to/from TTC Kipling Station regardless that can't take place at Islington now. Prefer service stay at Kipling until it fully ready for everyone. Wouldn't be surprise to see accessibility riders force to use the walkway to TTC Kipling Station from the new entrance to Kipling Hub and GO Station until the PPUDO elevator is ready for service.

Curb going in for the new GO Style Kiss & Ride lot. Work taking place at the north end of the lot for a new retaining wall to expand the TTC parking lot. Once complete, concrete slab to be pour. Light post foundation being pour in various location in the lot area.

Lots of discussion going on up on the roof of the PPUDO building and pointing to various areas. The roof been under construction since it was place in place and that months ago.
More up on site.
50556313536_4fe79f9001_b.jpg

50556447272_4b0974314e_b.jpg

50555578463_67baa5921e_b.jpg

50555584733_b37a214c41_b.jpg

50555585233_8526a66117_b.jpg

50555586273_f2e088bc9d_b.jpg

50555588133_d1ea31bae7_b.jpg

50556320291_a55824973e_b.jpg

50556320356_97ce4f3a82_b.jpg

50555588648_cde673287c_b.jpg

50556454417_3a4b5a6faa_b.jpg