I don't see why transit agencies should be represented. Metrolinx should be accountable to people, not other governmental agencies. Maybe mayors should be on the board, or representation elected by each city council weighted by population.
The first BOD was made up of Mayors and Chair person and they got very little done in the first few years that they were all sack. The same thing happen to the 2nd BOD to where members today come and go after they serve they timeframe that are stagger. A few have been asked to stay on for X time while others have left before their time was up for various reasons.

Very rare do you see the members of the BOD question staff or reports real hard in public meetings as most of that takes place behind close doors. The BOD members are selected and approved by the government.

I would be totally fine with the province appointing half of the board, and the other half being appointed by munipalities. It makes no sense for 'TTC' to have a seat on the board.

Sorry but, wrong. The plan has been from day one that all transit systems in the GTAH area would be under ML control at some point of time. How routes would be service would be left up to the remains of current system, the cities and those who have taken over routes from current systems. This is the London model. One only has to look at York Region to see the London Model and what ML is looking at. You can add Atlantic City NJ to this model and something TTC has been looking at.

ML is responsible for fit-out other than what is needed by miWay.

Anything that has change at ML after the contract was tender has never been included in it or in the contract. Have said that, there wasn't anything stopping ML from making changes to the contract by the way of change order or amend the contract.

In the US, some States order all the buses for all the systems in the state either under their name or a combination of State and Cities. One State just order BYD buses for every system in it as well has options for other States and system to be part of the ordering process.

I do not know that that has "Been the plan from day 1"

Metrolinx was started when the government of Ontario to run go transit everything else that has been handed over to them has been by the government of Ontario. Metrolinx was never set up to properly administrator anything outside of go transit. It should have been set up like metro council was in Toronto and have representatives from each of the transit agencies in the GTHA, instead they want to sit in their conference room and dictate to everyone how they want to do it and if transit agencies don't want to play by the rules they want to set out they get the government of Ontario to threaten to withhold funding for public transit.

This is incorrect, GO was put under Metrolinx' control (more like a merger) after Metrolinx was created. The transit agencies surely should not be in charge, Metrolinx didn't exist for decades and the transit agencies didn't bring riders integration etc. they could have formed organizations and unions as happens in other countries and clearly they did not - at least not in any way that brought results.

As of March 14, nothing has change for access to the fare area from the tunnel. Doors have been close at both ends and unable to see what going on in the close section.

Any day now and it will open. The light at the end of the tunnel.
51162697533_ee00c937c9_b.jpg

51163237329_2085c7a797_b.jpg

51163559055_612c9b9c1c_b.jpg

51163559090_a63a783544_b.jpg

51163240629_f3f0e284e3_b.jpg

why couldn't they have made the whole thing a ramp, the design looks so awkward😭😭, not to mention if two people who need to use it can't even pass each other while using it.

🖤

That long and narrow ramp does seem awkward. It almost would have worked better if they'd split the elevation change (three steps up at one end, three steps up at the other end) so that they'd have two ramps (each half the length of the current ramp). Then at least you reduce the awkwardness of bidirectional travel up/down the ramps (much easier to wait for someone to pass if they only need half the time to get there!)

Until I have a first hand walk on that ramp, a fair number of scooter and wheelchairs will not fit that ramp from what I saw first hand. The idea for that ramp is to allow wheelchair sides to use the railing on both sides to pull themselves up the ramp that are not motorizes.

I did call for the whole area to be one ramp and you could still had railing like it is now on it. Cost cutting did away with that idea.

There had to be more going on to delay this opening 5 months.

Moving sidewalks in Toronto is a no no. Walking is a must according to ML and that what your feet are for. ML has removed all their escalator for platforms as they cost too much to maintain them.

Until I have a first hand walk on that ramp, a fair number of scooter and wheelchairs will not fit that ramp from what I saw first hand. The idea for that ramp is to allow wheelchair sides to use the railing on both sides to pull themselves up the ramp that are not motorizes.

I did call for the whole area to be one ramp and you could still had railing like it is now on it. Cost cutting did away with that idea.

There had to be more going on to delay this opening 5 months.

Moving sidewalks in Toronto is a no no. Walking is a must according to ML and that what your feet are for. ML has removed all their escalator for platforms as they cost too much to maintain them.
Except if you need the moving sidewalks at the airport, which the decision makers do use.

Back