So it's sold out, but not, with many great suites available.

Yup, sounds like condo marketing.

That "L" thing would work well enough as a freestanding tower, but globbed onto the back of Peter Dickinson's host building like the slimy parasite from Alien it creates a visual marriage-made-in-hell.

That "L" thing would work well enough as a freestanding tower, but globbed onto the back of Peter Dickinson's host building like the slimy parasite from Alien it creates a visual marriage-made-in-hell.

But of course it's not free-standing... it's leaning against the Dick/O'Keefe.

That's the hole point of the design... and your Alien reference is not a slag, but a compliment. That's exactly what this star=architect wants to do.... consume the site/sight.

Yummy.

Daniel Libeskind 2; Historic Toronto buildings 0

They really should have closed off Scott street and placed the tower to the east of Hummingbird. It would have made more sense there.

But I guess they wanted an Yonge Street Address????

I wonder if there will be a Phase II on the east side since this building sold so well. It could raise a lot more money for the Performing Arts Centre.

They really should have closed off Scott street and placed the tower to the east of Hummingbird. It would have made more sense there.

But I guess they wanted an Yonge Street Address????

doesn't sound like that's the case...more logically, they didn't want to close down a street and would rather use vacant space.

What vacant space? Have you seen how little space is actually left to build on? Most of L Tower will be attached to the existing building. Closing off Scott Street wouldnt have hindered anyone. That street is so rarely used, other than the service doors to the SLCentre, which could have retained a stub of a street for access off the Espalande.

Why not build on Scott Street (bye bye Scott Street). Add in a great new urban space as a bonus... something 180 degrees from Bercy. Maybe a deli, a bar, a holographic museum... plus public sit and catch your breath space.

Ed, have you made it into the sales office yet? I'm curious if they have a model in the showroom.

Urban Shocker, you have your filmic imagery all confused. In no way is this building popping out of a chest as the Alien did in the movie by the same name. Rather, it akin to a giant white boot from a 1960's Russ Meyer movie.

While I like the L Tower, in all honesty, like the towers in the Distillery, I wish there was more space between it and the (building formerly known as) Hummingbird Centre.

Ed, have you made it into the sales office yet? I'm curious if they have a model in the showroom.

I went to one of the other launches and yes, they do have quite an impressive model of the project. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera which I regret. If anyone else is able to get into the sales office, definitely bring your camera... the model is worth numerous pics.

Back