Reminds me of the folks who do the CN Tower Edgewalk as in the following pictures taken today.

IMG_0339.jpg

In the picture below, it looks like SkyJacked's crane is messing with the CN Tower. Optical illusion of course, as these two edifices are about 1,050 yards apart (according to Google Earth).

IMG_03392.jpg

By the way SkyJacked, keep those photos coming. Can't get enough...

Housekeeping pads refer to the concrete pads that large mechanical & electrical equipment sit on. They could be anywhere from 4" to 8" high off the ground. Since the mech room in this tower is at the top, they are referring to the pads in the room, at the top of the tower.

Housekeeping pads as you described Empty_Quarter.

20121009_pads.jpg

Last edited:
Argg when are they going to repair the esplanade street after they ripped it all apart !

We're getting a nice canyon on the Esplanade there. I love how the Telus building is on the off angle.

Dress Rehearsal

8072662770_324fda0f96_z.jpg

8072680289_e0fe295e72_z.jpg

8072680715_a704b88f00_z.jpg

8072683889_84001b5bdf_c.jpg

8072683652_55e2137c9a_z.jpg

So don't forget: The real show takes place tomorrow, Wednesday,October 10th 2012 at 7 pm at the corner of Yonge Street and Front Street in downtown Toronto.

For more information go to Studio Libeskind website

Last edited:
Argg when are they going to repair the esplanade street after they ripped it all apart !

I believe that's due to Waterfront Toronto's project upgrading sewers for the new eastern waterfront neighbourhoods. I'm presently out of the city for a few months, but what I really wanted to see when I heard about this construction project is whether The Esplanade's stone pavers still exist under the present asphalt surface. Construction cuts can reveal old brick and stone pavements under the present surface. It would be amazing to restore the heritage stone pavement on The Esplanade one day, even if it has to be done with new stone pavers.

geezus! holy awesome pics!

the view down Front St. is truly amazing, and strangely enough, I think the best views of Front will be from the lower floors of the tower.. considering the south side of the street is relatively low-rise (union station, etc...) and those views will be unobstructed so long as those buildings are preserved, having a more eye-level view of the street is more appealing. (cause from the higher floors, the street's just dominated)

very unique views all around nonetheless. having such an interesting location in between the Financial District and Southcore. not the best views in the city imo, but probably one of the most unobstructed.
*If 45 Bay is built... WOW! what a view of the line of towers along the railway tracks.

Today I went looking for some different and lower views to address this steveve. It turned into neat stuff.

55 South East

20121009_55th_se.jpg

35 South East

20121009_35se.jpg

I had planned to take pictures from 55,45,35 and so on with a look at the Aeriosa stuff from 38 and 37. This picture was an effort to show what it looked like at the largest part of the bump, I had no idea they were down there. I was trying not to drop my phone.

20121009_Aeriosa1.jpg

Away I went trying to take lots of pictures. With any luck I would get a few to post. This is the Hockey Hall Of Fame from 37.

20121009_37thHHOF.jpg

Then I saw this around 29 and mostly lost track of where I was.

20121009_lost.jpg

This is 1 King West from 27.

20121009_1KingW27th.jpg

I have more of this but there is a lot already.

20121009_Aeriosa2.jpg

20121009_Aeriosa5.jpg

Aeirosa3.jpg

20121009_Aeriosa7.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for these amazing photos skyjacked! You have really brought a lot to this thread - things that most of us will never have a chance to see in person.

o.k., this thread is in the process of becoming mindboggling.......and everyone's recent photos - udo's, someMidtowner's, cruzin4u's, and SkyJacked's - are amazing....:cool:

Last edited:

Back