Thanks to the members posting photos in this thread. I'm really anxious to see how they top the building off. I hope the top won't have any flat/level areas, but is that a realistic expectation?

Months ago in this thread someone posted schematics of what the top will look like when finished and the top will indeed look like it does in the renderings save for a small slit from which the mechanical arm will emerge.

Lake Light

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

... for today:

8443213282_f06705c0b5_h.jpg

I agree with Northern Magus and felt compelled to quote the photo. Toronto's skyline doesn't look that dense from this perspective, but it's filled with beautiful buildings and interesting landmarks of different sizes and from different eras. The cityscape looks really interesting in this photo.

Agreed, terrific shots, and what a breathtaking view from the L Tower, but, I see a big empty parking lot at 1 Yonge that will, possibly, have huge towers blocking that view in a few years, all part of living downtown, no view is guaranteed, but seems just a shame to loose it.

Agreed, terrific shots, and what a breathtaking view from the L Tower, but, I see a big empty parking lot at 1 Yonge that will, possibly, have huge towers blocking that view in a few years, all part of living downtown, no view is guaranteed, but seems just a shame to loose it.

It wont block out that much of a field of view from the distance of the L Tower:

Image by SkyJacked

I agree with Northern Magus and felt compelled to quote the photo. Toronto's skyline doesn't look that dense from this perspective, but it's filled with beautiful buildings and interesting landmarks of different sizes and from different eras. The cityscape looks really interesting in this photo.

Part of what I love about midrise perspectives of Toronto is all the layering you can see. The mixture of low, mid and highrise really becomes apparent, and I love the jumbled urbanity created by all those different styles and scales meshing together.

Agreed! Sweet photograph, Udo. Great perspective.

Back