I assume this is THE L-Tower crane!!

Planned Road Restriction

Main Street: THE ESPLANADE
At Street:
From Street: YONGE ST
To Street: SCOTT ST
Start Date: Sat Jul 19 00:01:00 EDT 2014
End Date: Sun Jul 20 23:59:00 EDT 2014
Description: All lanes will be occupied due to the removal of a tower crane. This work will be conducted by Femcastle Inc.
Additional Information: Daily

Planned Road Restriction

At Street:
Description: All lanes will be occupied due to the removal of a tower crane. This work will be conducted by Femcastle Inc.
Cool .. can anyone confirm this ?

Planned Road Restriction

At Street:

Cool .. can anyone confirm this ?

There's nothing else it could possibly be. What's the question?!

Talked to a couple of the construction workers.

Apparently the "flood" was caused by a faulty connection to a washer/dryer unit, and it did lots of damage. Many of the suites need to have the drywall and hardwood floors ripped out and re-installed. They said either 7 suites or 7 floors... I cant recall which it was :)

They also commented on how the building "looked nice from the outside", but the interior finishes were extremely cheap.

Apparently the "flood" was caused by a faulty connection to a washer/dryer unit, and it did lots of damage. Many of the suites need to have the drywall and hardwood floors ripped out and re-installed. They said either 7 suites or 7 floors... I cant recall which it was :)

They also commented on how the building "looked nice from the outside", but the interior finishes were extremely cheap.

Didn't ask if the crane is coming down this weekend?

That sounds like alot of damage....Does that mean more delays in occupancies?
On another note, I would have to disagree with the fact that the interior finishes were extremely cheap. I did see the unit inside and actually found the finishes to be of higher level than most condo units I have seen in Toronto and I have been to the luxury hotels and viewed a Shangri-la suite in the past. I am not saying it is all perfect but to say that they are extremely cheap would not be accurate, again in my opinion.

Back