Today.
F0D0BDB0-4224-460C-9FE9-661AB8F07357.jpeg

Attachments

• F0D0BDB0-4224-460C-9FE9-661AB8F07357.jpeg
    F0D0BDB0-4224-460C-9FE9-661AB8F07357.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 666
Well there still junk up there days after being told off about saying it ain’t comming down... we’ll there is still clutter up there so. Till it’s gone I still stand by I will believe it when I see it all gone.

The door shattered on a visitor when they were walking in, apparently it was a blood bath and 911 was called.
WOW. Under the Building Code, doors are supposed to be of shatter-proof glass (tempered) so if it wasn't this is yet another example of sloppy workmanship and corner-cutting on the L-Tower.

WOW. Under the Building Code, doors are supposed to be of shatter-proof glass (tempered) so if it wasn't this is yet another example of sloppy workmanship and corner-cutting on the L-Tower.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.21.23 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.21.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.21.23 AM.png
    449.3 KB · Views: 554
Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Based on the photo posted by WeirdFishes, it looks like it was tempered glass, and tempered glass sometimes does spontaneously break (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_glass_breakage); it doesn't necessarily indicate negligence.

I guess I hold glass manufacturers to a higher standard than you do? Whether or not an instance is "spontaneous" is rather tangential to the fact that someone looks to have been fairly seriously injured by their product.

I guess I hold glass manufacturers to a higher standard than you do? Whether or not an instance is "spontaneous" is rather tangential to the fact that someone looks to have been fairly seriously injured by their product.

In the real world, accidents happen, and a well documented phenomenon like spontaneous glass breakage is actually specifically a potential side effect of toughening the glass. The alternative is to have regular, non tempered glass that breaks into large shards that will cut someone's entire face and possibly leave them blind; is that what you'd like? Judging by the photo posted, it looks like the glass did its job, and the kid got a few cuts on his arm and leg. Unfortunate, but much more preferable to the potential damage that non tempered glass would've done. I don't think the fault lies in the glass panel, which did its job, nor the manufacturer as the install was clearly successful enough to last the past few years. Maybe we should push for legislation to mandate laminated glass be used at public entry points? I don't know, but you're definitely attributing blame to the wrong party here.

Back