Does anybody know what the podium will be used for? Will there be retail or anything to animate this building along Yonge Street or The Esplanade? I think that little square at least needs a restaurant, coffee shop or something that the public can use.

I like the west facing podium as is, that is, as the landscape plans indicate. The fog effect won't last, they work for a few years and once they break down or require some serious maintenance they just shut it down to save money.

Today:

r6yZ2B5.jpg

Been roaming around the site for a few years. I love this building.
Taken today with my IPhone:
1246.jpg

Attachments

• 1246.jpg
    1246.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 623
SkyJacked, I really enjoyed the piece in today's Star, and I'm glad you got some well deserved recognition for all the great photos you have been sharing with us on UT. We'll miss you when that crane comes down, though I hope you continue your picture taking on your next crane job. Cheers!

Congrats, SkyJacked! In the Star! That's amazing. Your family must be very proud. That's certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity to be working on such a tall building....but the city IS growing taller, so hope that you can working on another iconic building very soon.

Love your pics from L-tower of the West Don Lands/Pan Am Athlete's Village site. And I'm really hoping for a new pic of River City in the near future :) All the best :)

Well, on one hand, I am happy that SkyJacked has received some well-deserved recognition.....

...however, on the other hand, I am a little disappointed: afterall, I didn't think we would have to share the big lug with the rest of the world!!

Hopefully, he won't forget us little people on the UT forum:cool:

Been roaming around the site for a few years. I love this building.
Taken today with my IPhone:
<snip>

Thanks for the cool shot Flint, and welcome to a more active time on UT!

SkyJacked, I really enjoyed the piece in today's Star, and I'm glad you got some well deserved recognition for all the great photos you have been sharing with us on UT. We'll miss you when that crane comes down, though I hope you continue your picture taking on your next crane job. Cheers!

All of the attention a few tweets have generated is amazing! I have to thank Urban Toronto for getting the ball rolling by following me on Twitter. Without the re-tweets from UT, I would still be tweeting to 8 people instead of 800+. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your appreciation of my posts and emboldening me to put myself out there on Twitter.

2013-03-01.jpg

20130302_125817.jpg

Well, on one hand, I am happy that SkyJacked has received some well-deserved recognition.....

...however, on the other hand, I am a little disappointed: afterall, I didn't think we would have to share the big lug with the rest of the world!!

Hopefully, he won't forget us little people on the UT forum:cool:

It goes without saying that I won’t forget you all and move on. I just hope you won’t all forget me when I’m back at street level. I’m still the man trying to emulate the great photo quality that we are all accustomed to here at UT, and I still feel like I am the new guy trying not to put my foot in my mouth or post ho-hum pictures.

A special shout out to Udo for all of his help and guidance. I hope one day I can make my pictures look half as good as he can.

IMG_5747_adjusted.jpg

Congrats, SkyJacked! In the Star! That's amazing. Your family must be very proud. That's certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity to be working on such a tall building....but the city IS growing taller, so hope that you can working on another iconic building very soon.

Love your pics from L-tower of the West Don Lands/Pan Am Athlete's Village site. And I'm really hoping for a new pic of River City in the near future :) All the best :)

Thanks again to everyone. TOCondoGarden, I hope this works, I’m never certain where everything is. Hopefully our man 42 can look the other way this once for posting this on the wrong thread.

IMG_6746.jpg

^ Thank you kindly for the River City pic. I bought the paper today just to read the hardcopy lol. You made FRONT PAGE! Congrats again :)

Back