Thanks Skyjacked for the view shots and hope you got tons more.

A nice 360 panorama would be nice, so people in the future can see what the city looked like when it was low rise.

Please check this out, then click on the globe to be taken to a 360 panorama made from SkyJacked's pictures.

Why doesn't skyjacked post here anymore?

It's unfortunate for us that SkyJacked moved on, but 4000 tweets later I think twitter is the better media for him to reach out to people. We of course can still enjoy his pictures over there, and here on UT we have to try to keep the forum interesting without him. The now abandoned SkyJacked crane in the morning light ...

Last edited:
Cell phone shot from today. I hate uploading these but its my own fault for leaving the camera at home:

0Apl5Dp.jpg

It's unfortunate for us that SkyJacked moved on, but 4000 tweets later I think twitter is the better media for him to reach out to people. We of course can still enjoy his pictures over there, and here on UT we have to try to keep the forum interesting without him.
That's fine if you use Twitter, but I don't. That sucks. I hope he comes back.

Maybe, maybe not. The one heavy lift that is still outstanding is the building maintenance unit (BMU).

Don't they need the crane to put up the last few floor of cladding?

They must ... but I guess it won't be a full time job. I suspect the crane won't disappear anytime soon ? ... especially not before they have all the cladding up on the top floors ?

With the way the crane is attached to the building, it doesn't look like the cladding can be finished until the crane is gone... at least on the east and possibly the south side of the tower.

I know I sound like a size queen but I wish this tower was 22 storeys taller!

I've been having the same thoughts, but maybe more like 10 additional levels would have been great. I know the issue with Berczy Park but a little more shade for an hour in the spring & fall wouldn't have been the end of the world (and I'm a big parks guy). Still, a brilliant building.

Back