May 10
14163200431_cbdebda743_b.jpg

13979881308_61422857e5_b.jpg

][/IMG]

looks so cool from the side.
nice pics everyone and thanks for the updates.

Nice to see the progress with the cladding on the north side. Look how it stands out in the Toronto skyline. Great to see.
Fantastic shots guys ! Thanks for posting.

Great shots kotsy !! ... It is getting close to full closure on top. Only a couple more rows to go.

I like the way it looks like they are going to finish the cladding. Not sure, but it appears they will have one full slat of cladding on the last row. They are putting the shorter pieces in now to line it up. It will make it look seamless on top.

From last week:

P1380941.jpg

P1390009.jpg

Attachments

• P1380941.jpg
    P1380941.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,628
  • P1390009.jpg
    P1390009.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,635
I like the way it looks like they are going to finish the cladding. Not sure, but it appears they will have one full slat of cladding on the last row. They are putting the shorter pieces in now to line it up. It will make it look seamless on top.

I don't believe there will be a "Last Row" of cladding. The top is to be left open from which the window washing boom will extend. Hopefully the inner concrete surface will be finished or painted so it will look seamless.

How much longer will the crane be needed, I wonder, and then how will it be dismantled? Is there space for a derrick up top? I don't think so, so are they able to lift a climbing section out, one-at-a-time, the way they installed them in the first place? That's going to be a lengthy process.

this tower looks cool and i know that this tower is not complete yet but still those missing glass slabs look bad.

20140522_191409.jpg

I was walking around today and saw a great angle of the L Tower. All I had was my cellphone camera, but if anyone has the time with a professional camera, this would be a great angle from Corktown Common.

Attachments

• 20140522_191409.jpg
    20140522_191409.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,280
As it is connected to the L-Tower I note that the City Audit Committee is discussing the recent Audit of the Sony Centre today. It is quite the WORST audit Report I have ever seen. http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/au/bgrd/backgroundfile-69062.pdf CORRECTION. The report was actually discussed by the Sony Board last week, it is at City Audit Committee NEXT week.

Last edited:
16 May 2014:

L Tower by MafaldaBoy, on Flickr

taking a look at the document linked by DSC, why does the cost of this public plaza exceed $40 million? Or, perhaps the plaza is just a small part of the overall redevelopment?

pg4 " In 2008, it became apparent that the required funding for the CityCentre from both the
federal and provincial governments would not be realized. As a result, City Council
authorized the construction of a public plaza instead of the CityCentre cultural attraction
or commercial space. The anticipated cost of this revised plan was estimated to be $28.5
million. The total cost of the redevelopment is now expected to exceed $40 million."

Last edited:
The entire interior was pretty much redone as well.

Back