A few renders:

Toronto Model 02-25-21 215 Lake Shore.png

Zoomed out:

Toronto Model 02-25-21 215 Lake Shore2.png

Reactions: PMT
I stand by my comments. There are many of us who live in the neighborhood and enjoy the entire Sherbourne Common park immensely - the water features, the playground and seating areas that have a great view of these features and it’s close proximity to the Lake. The south portion borders the Lake with a great Promenade and has a Splash Pad in the Summer and Skating rink in the Winter. It’s a great area for families, dog owners, residents and visitors - I meet many visitors on my strolls. I think these human experiences far outweigh your technical critique...

I agree that usage is everything.

That's the whole principle of success as far as I'm concerned. Do people enjoy the park in the numbers that should be expected.

Usage of the north park is objectively quite low.

The technical critique is an explanation of why that usage is low.

The south park does much better; and I didn't critique it; beyond noting that it blocked any view of the Lake from the northern park.

That said, you are welcome to your preference.

Its just one that not enough people share.

I used to pass by Sherbourne Common often (via Queens Quay), and the Light Showers are indeed amazing...when they are actually on. Maybe it's gotten better in the last 6 months or so, but they were usually off in my anecdotal experience. I also really do not like their playground elements. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but what was done at St James park works so much better IMHO as a play area for kids - I see kids there even when temperatures fairly low! But I'm hoping to see more kids and lights this coming spring/summer when the weather gets better.

They really made the affordable housing and the main residences into effectively two separate buildings, different lobbies, different amenity spaces. Below are the ground floor and second floors. The separation you see on the second floor continues to Level 14 where the podium and affordable housing component ends.

1617802430398.png

1617802449649.png

Back