A studio is still a home. I live in under 500sqft and love my home. Who are you to say it’s not home?

In fairness, you do live a big chunk of the year on another continent............. LOL

For most people 500ft2 is too little. The simple fact of a kitchen so small you can't really cook for one, and no dining space is an issue. Many people can't afford Uber-Eats every night.

I do appreciate that it works for you and for some, but in general, it's too little.

Not to mention raising a family. One of the reasons our birth rate is low is because the only housing option many people can afford is a small apartment. The government then uses low birth rates as an excuse to bring in too many people which exacerbates housing costs; so the only housing people can afford remains a small apartment. Wait, are we going in circles?

In fairness, you do live a big chunk of the year on another continent............. LOL

For most people 500ft2 is too little. The simple fact of a kitchen so small you can't really cook for one, and no dining space is an issue. Many people can't afford Uber-Eats every night.

I do appreciate that it works for you and for some, but in general, it's too little.
I’m not saying we should give up on quality or stop building larger units. I’m just constantly hearing people use the ‘small units aren’t homes ’ excuse to oppose any development.

That said, there is still demand for smaller units in condo projects as the larger units become out of reach for most financially. When 3 bedrooms in condos are going for nearly $1 million these days, it’s easy for families to consider single family homes a little further out instead.

And no, I’m only away from the continent for 3 weeks! Wish I had more vacation 😂

It's not against development. It's countering the misleading meme that housing at any cost is always good.

Crane up @Paclo @interchange42
IMG_3300.jpeg

Photo from Argo Developments on IG

Back