Let's put these all through downtown: why exactly can Calgary has it's plus15s and we Torontonians have to creep underground to avoid slush and burning sun?

Have you even tried using the Plus15 outside of business hours? The path is useless because some buildings lock their doors.

Let's put these all through downtown: why exactly can Calgary has it's plus15s and we Torontonians have to creep underground to avoid slush and burning sun?

The original plan was a plus 14 I think for Toronto. Some like City Hall to Sheraton were built. They then realized the subway was underground which made it more convenient to move everything down instead of up.

I prefer street life in free public spaces, not sterile and highly-regulated, mall-like corridors. Rain or shine.

The original plan was a plus 14 I think for Toronto. Some like City Hall to Sheraton were built. They then realized the subway was underground which made it more convenient to move everything down instead of up.

Plus the fact that certain critical elements were underground for de facto *aesthetic* reasons (the TD Concourse most especially--Mies w/+15's?!? Come now...)

from today
11282010149.jpg

11282010151.jpg

Incidentally, while Calgaryesque +15 systems may be problematic for urban aesthetics in general, I find they're actually quite fitting for the plugged-together-partsness of medical/hospital complexes like this...

Back