Yeah, I had my corners mixed up. Victoria and Shuter is where that ugly little pustule of a garage sits. Thank goodness that's going.

2009 seems a long time to wait...

Though that structure could probably get heritage designation as it seems like the oldest parking garage in the city (God forbid!). Don't think I've ever walked by it during the day and not seen the "Lot Full" light on.

Well, I am quite impressed by this proposal to fix the light.

Here's the existing. Bye bye.

ParkingLot.jpg

Yes, it seemed a bit tricky too going up today - slippery.

Next time I walk by this thing, I'm going to give it a good swift kick for being so ugly for so long. Pretty cowardly, I know, now that it's scheduled to die anyway, but WTF.

Yay for Shuter St. My property values continue to soar - definitely a good thing for anyone who owns a unit in Pantages to get rid of that butt ugly parking bunker.

So the building will be known as Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute...

Press release from St. Michael's Hospital

Highlights

The Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute will comprise two centres with a total gross floor area of 285,500 square feet. Construction of the institute will commence next spring and completion is scheduled for 2009. The Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute will house the Keenan Research Centre and the Li Ka Shing International Centre in Health Care Education

Image of project from LKSF

And from St. Mike's...

Thankfully, it's the latter that would be built...

GB

I do hope it is the second rendering that is to be built. It looks dandy.
The first one (fond as I am of the retro-'70's rendering) looks like a bit of curtainwalled drabness airlifted in from a second-rate office park.

Yay! More bare concrete pillars.

Other than that, it should be a big improvement to that area.

Back