From today:

1188427791_aa1d3f7883_o.jpg

1188430909_b04759fd51_o.jpg

What's with that Women's Health & Beauty signage? I noticed it on my own a few days ago...

^^don't know but is that building included in the redevelopment?

Maesto,

I don't think so, but I'm not completely sure. I think it might be part of St. Mike's Choir school.

Anyway, demolition has really slowed. The taller building has come down slowly, almost more of a dismantlement than a demolition. I wonder if this is to keep dust down with the school and hospital so close.

StMH1.jpg

St. Mike's Hospital renovation?

and now for my first Thread ever.....

Directly Across from the Pantages Hotel, there were some old decrepit buildings, that I believe were associated with St. Mike's Hospital. These buildings are currently being torn down, and I'm left wondering..... what is going to replace them? a new hospital wing perhaps? or have they sold the land in favour of condos?

DSC02302.jpg

As seen from the corner of Victoria and Shuter

It's been discussed, and it has its own thread. It is a new research building that is largely funded from a grant from Hong Kong Billionaire Li Ka Shing (CityPlace).

More details are in that thread, which I will now merge with.

pics from today. all that steel crumpled up looks amazing.

DSC03918.jpg

DSC03919.jpg

DSC03920.jpg

As great as I think it is this centre is going up, watching those buildings come down has got me thinking how nice it would be to have a wee modern park on this site, one that would allow a clear view of the front of St. Michael's Cathedral.

...or at least it would be nice to see new buildings designed with a little more awareness of their surroundings.

St. Michael's Hospital Research Centre

Does anybody has thread or render what this building look like after they finished. if you have any picture please post it.

Back