5 December 2012: My eyes are all glazed

691ca.jpg

Cladding is on the North/east/west 2nd floor and looks way better than some of City Place buildings. Didn't see the south side.

They are working on the 12th floor.

There is 6 colours with dark grey being the main colour. Light blue, light yellow, dark green and 2 different greens.

Not liking the grey, similar to Parade (not the earlier cityplace towers which were a lot nicer) the colour could be the redeeming factor though, time will tell !

Looks pretty good so far. An attractive palette of colours and a nice muted grey that doesn't draw too much attention to the mullions (of which, admittedly, there are probably too many).

Last edited:
funny enough, i like the bright yellow from the elevator cages !

everything else seems so muted

From this morning

29pelp0.jpg

I love this project so far. This is exactly what is needed, combined with the Toronto Housing Authority project next store, to add some much needed variation in colour. Hopefully all future projects in this neighborhood will continue the trend (such as Lumen) of anything other than just grey (as this seems to be the base colour for virtually every project here). The library will also make a nice contribution to the area. I still believe that Cityplace will come together quite nicely once all the projects are completed.

Last edited:

Back