Limelight has a great podium facade with the irregular grid of small black panels and bold white and lime green accents. It's a playful but precisely detailed look that's rather appealing. The retail units look to have satisfyingly high ceilings, impressive glazing, and some vertical lines of spandrel for accentuation. The towers are elegantly scaled and accentuated with varied vertical lines, but it's the organic ornamentation at the penthouse level that I await. It looks quite interesting in the renderings.

That's got to be one of the best podium façades in the whole GTA. It certainly blows Marilyn's out of the water.

The (lime) lights will go on in November. We'll be there of course!

The podium is really great. It will be amazing when it is filled with activity. It might take a few years, but it will be.

Once Phase 2 of Sheridan College and the south condos get built, the street will look a hell lot better than it is now.

Add the redevelopment of the LAC and the lands to the north, it will even be better than it is now.

The City should have some idea where phase 2 stands for Sheridan in December, if not sooner.

I would be surprised to see the new south condos over 35 storey base on what there now.

Not sold on the podium at this time and will wait tell its completed. Marilyn's podium is a joke, sorry to say considering I like the towers in the first place.

The single greatest achievement is that the store fronts aren't hidden behind hulking pillars. Such terrible at-grade designs should never make it past planning.

The single greatest achievement is that the store fronts aren't hidden behind hulking pillars. Such terrible at-grade designs should never make it past planning.

I said to council on Monday, Time for a design review board. I know council is not happy at the looks of many building and it was stated to Mr Orlando, who is the biggest landowner in the City.

I saw it while it was being tested on the taller building at one point (for about an hour) and it looked so cool....

Last edited:
from today
cell phone pictures - looks great!
IMG-20121030-00023.jpg

IMG-20121030-00025.jpg

IMG-20121030-00026.jpg

....What happened to the limelights? You can now see only "yellow" on shorter building. And the "green" on the taller building doesn't change to blue anymore! They seem to be a lot less bright all together compared to 2 weeks ago. Are they still testing these limelights or what?

Last edited:

Back