There has been a number of complains from the Park & Chicago folks about the lights.

A few people I know that live in Park don't like these builds at all, but most of all, all the Townhouses for the 3 projects.

Its only going to take a few people to get the city to lower the brights lights on towers. There is an office building up by the 401 & Erin Mills where the ward councilor has being trying to get the owner to dim the lights ealier than they do, due to the vast number of complaints. Council is looking for a By-Law to not only deal with this ward problem, but one City wide.

This is what happens when you built smaller towers considering these towers should have been taller.

^ If they did not like the idea of buying into a complex that had townhouses then they should not have bought into the complex.

Per the lights, I would not want to live on the south side of the 24th floor in the north tower. But if I did knowing that the lights would be on during the night that's my issue. Live with it.

Last edited:
....OMG, now it just looks so ugly for the short tower to have dimly lit yellowish limelights. And only 1 boring green colour for the taller tower. The main attraction of these 2 towers was supposed to be the rooftop limelights. Some peeps, hey.

Last edited:
RE the townhouses, I don't mind them, but I'd rather they be some nice low-rise like Markham is doing.

^ If they did not like the idea of buying into a complex that had townhouses then they should not have bought into the complex.

Per the lights, I would not want to live on the south side of the 24th floor in the north tower. But if I did knowing that the lights would be on during the night that's my issue. Live with it.

The people who bought into the other buildings had no idea about these lights since this project was not in the market plan yet.

I have never like the townhouse from day one, starting with the Capital towers.

In addition to a bank and a cafe/dessert place a Union Burger is going in along with a nail/spa place. There are about 4 more units to be leased.

http://ubburger.com
DSCF7945.jpg

DSCF7946.jpg

DSCF7942.jpg

DSCF7943.jpg

Lights
DSCF7916.jpg

DSCF7925.jpg

Amazing photos Jasonzed! :D
I'm hoping that the criss-crossing bands around the podium and roof are still part of the plans.

On my way to Union Burger I decided to relieve some stress at Vixen Spa.... I was looking forward to chatting up some hot cougars at Limelight when the Duke of York told me I was in Miserysauga.

Bummer.

I wonder why I continue posting to these sites... time to retire and move on...goodnight everybody...

I wonder why I continue posting to these sites... time to retire and move on...goodnight everybody...

I know...the level of ignorance from certain posters, even those who should know better, is pathetic...

Don't give up on UT, Jason...

/loves Missy...

Last edited:
Jasonzed ignore him please. Your posts, and those of other photographers, are a big reason for me being here.

I know what you mean.

People forget how much time and effort goes into getting photos for this group.

Even thou I haven't posted many photos since I got back from Europe, I am still out there shooting various projects. With hope, I should be up to date by year end on fixing all the photos I have shot since September on project that get very little attention in the first place.

Even thou I dislike various projects, I still shoot them.

I know that I will be backing off photographing various new projects next year due to lack of time, but most of all, the same way you feel.

I wonder how many people have photos of over 500 projects taken over the last 5 years?? I have before, during and final photos to say was x project a good improvement for the area or not.

They do show how cookie cutter and looking the same square box building have come over the past few years.

I wasn't commenting on the photos, just on the hilarious biz names & area. It's not just Mississauga north of the QEW that I loathe (with the exception of Erindale which I've come to like & MCH)--most of Toronto north of Dupont is a bore.

Anyhow, apologies if I offended anyone. I know what it's like to spend hours taking pix and then someone makes a comment on the fact I used a camera phone.

Back