Photo taken Dec 6, 2009 - Still idling

4164629794_a223b60d52_b.jpg

Interested but sceptical...

Hi,

Would appreciate some feedback from people familiar with this project/developer...

I'm living outside of Canada now and don't plan on returning to Toronto for another 3 years or so... I'm actually really interested in this project - love the location, the layouts and the building to be quite honest. But having read the history of this project, as well as all the negative comments about Cresford, I'm quite sceptical about putting any $$$ into this project.

If I don't care too much about delays, is there a lot of risk in terms of what I'll get as a finished product or whether I'll get it at all?

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in!

I think Cresford is really trying to clean up their act.. I was an original purchaser at this project when it got cancelled and moved my money to CASA. I got occupancy last December and I have to say I was surprisngly happy with them.. The PDI went smooth with very little issues. Customer service was courteous and prompt.. I say go for it!

Hi,

Would appreciate some feedback from people familiar with this project/developer...

I'm living outside of Canada now and don't plan on returning to Toronto for another 3 years or so... I'm actually really interested in this project - love the location, the layouts and the building to be quite honest. But having read the history of this project, as well as all the negative comments about Cresford, I'm quite sceptical about putting any $$$ into this project.

If I don't care too much about delays, is there a lot of risk in terms of what I'll get as a finished product or whether I'll get it at all?

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in!

I would suggest that since this project was already cancelled previously and the original purchasers were shafted. that you stay away and go with something else in the neighbourhood. Of course, my preference is 400 Wellington but another option for a 3 year window is thompson residences by freed coming up this month for sale. You will have choice of suites.

Thanks guys... yes, interested to learn more more about Thompson as well as 775 King st West. I do really like 400 Wellington but it may be ahead of my timeframe.... Any other projects in the area that are up and coming that you would suggest? thanks again!

I saw some activity along Adelaide a few weeks ago but it was outside the hoarding. Otherwise the site is static. There is a sales centre in the Quad Lofts building on Brant with a scale model of the building.

^The city was doing some digging related to underground utilities.

Before the cancellation of Mode, there was some excavation prep work already done.

Interesting how Cresford's condo guide ad has been stating for months now that this project will be completed "Fall 2010." False advertising, eh?

There was some activity on the site this week with a white hard hats meeting up in a group circle likely discussing their great fortune on working with one of the top rated developers in the City. Not.

Celebration time! Seriously, this area needs more streetwall. Adelaide and Richmond have massive so far unrealized potential. I hope the area becomes vibrant with people, retail uses etc.

Is that informal Japanese hostel still on Adelaide? (Or maybe it was sold to Freed for 455 Adelaide?) I have good memories from my old Japanese girlfriends a decade ago....

Someone at Cresford reads my posts.:) The ad for this development now says "Occupancy Spring 2012." Still rather ambitious, imho.

My take, Spring 2012 occupancy is tentative. If Cresford starts work this Spring, early 2013. If next year, it will be 2014, best guess. For sure, they will re-exercise their right to change the confirmed occupancy date, my take again - in 2012.

Back