I think it's ok, clearly the City wants to avoid a court case and the rails are gone anyway. I suspect the end result will be a that protected corridor is maintained so that , one day, a rail line could be rebuilt IF someone pays the huge cost and if it can, somehow, be reconnected to the main line. I think there was no vote but was not watching and minutes not out until next week. It's kind of hard to be too sorry for those objecting as they never used it when it was there. The only, occasional, user was the City who no longer need it.
I'll look out for the minutes once they're released... good idea. I follow City Council but there are some terms I still don't understand, such as "final" motions.
Avoiding a court case makes sense but time is ticking and this is an opportunity to give even more space for pedestrians, cyclists, and landscaping. Otherwise, it'll be a useless median that won't benefit anyone.

I'll look out for the minutes once they're released... good idea. I follow City Council but there are some terms I still don't understand, such as "final" motions.
Avoiding a court case makes sense but time is ticking and this is an opportunity to give even more space for pedestrians, cyclists, and landscaping. Otherwise, it'll be a useless median that won't benefit anyone.
The "Final" means that this was the final motion (ie the original was amended). The motion (as amended) was to refer the matter to the Waterfront Secretariat and they need to report back to Council (directly) on July 19. If you look at online Agenda, it says "Referred" Though one should always be vigilant, I think it is fine.

Last edited:
A few shots from last night.

5AC90C83-45FA-4FE1-B67D-122D3C21DD72.jpeg

F5ECDC66-956C-4D89-A426-0B943C734C4B.jpeg

52679C16-EEE4-4848-83E7-14DD320DABA9.jpeg

772CAC01-AA61-4551-A710-66F276E0C1B7.jpeg

E4124FDD-F741-4727-B11B-0E0236F165FA.jpeg

Planting began here last week.

But may be impacted by some of the assorted strikes I'm told

Last edited:
Dust storm ! A few shots of the massive amounts of soil and debris flying in the Lower Don Lands and Port Lands as a fast, furious and ominous storm front tore through Toronto this past Saturday. Shot using my cell from our balcony in the Distillery District moments after a mobile alert was issued from Environment Canada Agency. Could you imagine if this occurred on a weekday while crews are at work !

20220521_130435.jpg

20220521_130448.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-181244_Gallery (1).jpg

Last edited:
I would have taken some photos, but I had to put the toddler to sleep for his nap. When I finished his usual two storeys and a lullaby, the storm was gone.

Back