Interesting video from CBC about new bridge.

Also if you look closely in the background when the Two Rows architect is speaking you can see that the shoreline imbedded with trees is complete on the north side of Promontory Park.

This is great as it is clear by now that I love this feature as it encourages ‘reposing,’ a favourite activity of mine! (I picked it up in Dresden where reposing has been elevated to a high art.)

From the above:

1715109292731.png

1715109351237.png

Stuff is mostly leafing out...........

Not quite the mix of stuff I would have chosen for a hardened shoreline (some is).........

Surprised not to see any Eastern White Cedar which does well in such conditions.

Hmm just blew this up.........a fair few dead trees:

1715109501264.png

Last edited:
Did I miss a timeline for this bridge? Checked the waterfrontTO page, the CBC article- nada. I imagine the Parliament slip needs to be done first, as well as the landscaping and path on Villiers. So what, another 20yrs?

Did I miss a timeline for this bridge? Checked the waterfrontTO page, the CBC article- nada. I imagine the Parliament slip needs to be done first, as well as the landscaping and path on Villiers. So what, another 20yrs?
The work on Promintory Park is progressing rapidly. As for Parliament Slip, they have started in earnest and will likely focus on the entry point for the bridge to have it done first. A lot of work but it is far along.

Waterfront Toronto has released the results of last year's public engagement for the Keating Channel Bridge.

It has some interesting stuff in it..............Equinox was not the first choice of the public at large, but it was the second.

From the above:

1715178925592.png

1715178945244.png

There were two separate streams of engagement, as noted above, the above is the consolidated result, here is the result broken down by stream with additional scoring detail:

Public Stream:

1715180014490.png

Indigenous Stream:

1715180058785.png

Interesting to note then that Equinox was 2nd with the public, but 1st by a wide margin w/the indigenous stream.

Also interesting though is the negative scores with Equinox getting the most negative vote from the public and the 2nd most negative vote in the Indigenous steam.

The lowest three scores are the same in both streams.

Also interesting though is the negative scores with Equinox getting the most negative vote from the public and the 2nd most negative vote in the Indigenous steam.
I think I put this one near the bottom of my ballot.

The shape, colour, and cables all create a shared theme of bridges in the channel (future OL Lower Don Bridge and other Villiers Island bridges).

Some will favour the consistency, personally I would prefer a variety.

Back