Happy to see this but a bit surprised as I would assume bridge removal (Old Eastern and Enbridge). Would screw up the new paving. Maybe they will open from at least King to Corktown?

Honestly, since we know how the city has near non-existent coordination between projects, I'm willing to bet when they remove the bridge, the newly paved section will be ripped up or at least damaged.

29 pedestrians were killed by cars in Toronto last year if you're concerned about collisions.

How many of those were pedestrian at fault?

It's a tragedy any time anyone gets killed.

But it's important to note whether this was a driver at fault or a pedestrian at fault - who did something that a driver couldn't avoid.

Some would like to blame drivers for all deaths regardless of the situation, but that's not reality.

Last edited:
How many of those were pedestrian at fault?

It's a tragedy any time anyone gets killed.

But it's important to note whether this was a driver at fault or a pedestrian at fault - who did something that a driver couldn't avoid.

Some would like to blame drivers for all deaths regardless of the situation, but that's not reality.

Thankfully, we have Ontario-specific data from the officer of the Chief Coroner that indeed shows that in the majority of cases it's the driver's fault, which should be unsurprising given that the majority of fatal collisions in which a driver hits a pedestrian in Toronto occur in a f***ing marked crosswalk, and given that cross-jurisdictional at-fault findings are similar.

And, honestly, for those who aren't generally inclined to victim-blame, it shouldn't be at all surprising given that anyone can witness a litany of dangerous and illegal driver behaviour literally every single day. The Coroner's report provided a (much abridged) list of driver actions that often kill or maim people:

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 12.00.25 PM.png

Sorry where's the actual
Thankfully, we have Ontario-specific data from the officer of the Chief Coroner that indeed shows that in the majority of cases it's the driver's fault.

Sorry, where's the data that show the number for drivers at fault vs pedestrians at fault?

I don't see that.

You just quoted a list of contributing factors on both sides to accidents.

Sorry where's the actual

Sorry, where's the data that show the number for drivers at fault vs pedestrians at fault?

I don't see that.

You just quoted a list of contributing factors on both sides to accidents.

That is the finding of the Chief Coroner. Google the report yourself.

Back