According to waterfront TO's Instagram account there are two approach spans coming for this bridge in addition to the main span.

Didn't realize the bridge is coming in 3 pieces.

AoD

D34D9274-FB10-4E59-AB09-B4A10EBE568F.jpeg
9A64D6B8-C400-4A14-8F64-87E93A7A7088.jpeg
Sneaking into the harbour in the early morning gloom…

The bridge arrived just after 7 am and it had a hard time being brought into the Harbour caused by high winds and rough water. The bridge was on an angle in the channel behind the single tug. The tug turn the bridge 180 degree at the shipping channel and then pull up to it on the west side of it. It then push the bridge to almost the park area beyond the slip and then started to push it so it would line up with the old dock edge.

No idea at this time if and when the bridge will be move to its resting place on the piers on Sunday. Anyone going can get a front row seat on the east side of Cherry St by the bridge location. What I was told, the bridge will move lengthwise on to Cherry St and then move side to the bridge supports.

The west piers are in open water with a wall there now to allow movers can be place it and ? to put the bridge into position. The top of the piers are about 6-8' above the ground. The extensions for the bridge are on the barge now in the centre area.

Strange that there were 2 tugs from Montreal to Cobourg where the 2nd tug left the bridge bound for Hamilton, yet it was heading for Cobourg around midnight. Then, when the 2nd tug join the bridge, its designation was Montreal and then change haft way to Hamilton.

If you look @ globalexpress photos, you will see the the extensions in the centre area as well how the bridge will be move off the barge sideway and then be turn to travel to Cherry St.

The bridge arrived just after 7 am and it had a hard time being brought into the Harbour caused by high winds and rough water. The bridge was on an angle in the channel behind the single tug. The tug turn the bridge 180 degree at the shipping channel and then pull up to it on the west side of it. It then push the bridge to almost the park area beyond the slip and then started to push it so it would line up with the old dock edge.

No idea at this time if and when the bridge will be move to its resting place on the piers on Sunday. Anyone going can get a front row seat on the east side of Cherry St by the bridge location. What I was told, the bridge will move lengthwise on to Cherry St and then move side to the bridge supports.

The west piers are in open water with a wall there now to allow movers can be place it and ? to put the bridge into position. The top of the piers are about 6-8' above the ground. The extensions for the bridge are on the barge now in the centre area.

Strange that there were 2 tugs from Montreal to Cobourg where the 2nd tug left the bridge bound for Hamilton, yet it was heading for Cobourg around midnight. Then, when the 2nd tug join the bridge, its designation was Montreal and then change haft way to Hamilton.

If you look @ globalexpress photos, you will see the the extensions in the centre area as well how the bridge will be move off the barge sideway and then be turn to travel to Cherry St.
I will hopefully be present and able to view / photo the SPMTs transporting the bridge to its temporary mounts from my balcony.

I will hopefully be present and able to view / photo the SPMTs transporting the bridge to its temporary mounts from my balcony.
I was sure you would be on the balcony to catch shots of the bridge arrival. No idea if anyone else show up for the arrival.

You will get some great shots of the move as well not having to stand on the street waiting for the move. Don't know about you, but it was bitching cold waiting for the bridge and I was dress for it. The wind was eating me raw. Used Rebel tents to get out of the wind.

Not planning to be there for the move unless I have a real time window for the move which I don't have at this time.

A nice video would be great to see of the move.

I was sure you would be on the balcony to catch shots of the bridge arrival. No idea if anyone else show up for the arrival.

You will get some great shots of the move as well not having to stand on the street waiting for the move. Don't know about you, but it was bitching cold waiting for the bridge and I was dress for it. The wind was eating me raw. Used Rebel tents to get out of the wind.

Not planning to be there for the move unless I have a real time window for the move which I don't have at this time.

A nice video would be great to see of the move.
Well with a front row seat (mind you I would love to be higher up above the wires), I will be monitoring and posting progress real time. A video might be in order. Cheers !

Silly question time...and one that has likely been asked and answered before, so it maybe annoying as well as silly...

...but how many more of those bridges will we expect to see floated up the ye ole St. Lawrence for this development?

Back