They should change all the old bridges and put in the same new modern ones that are slim to past boots through as seen in the photos up above. All the way up to River Dale park keeping the same theme!
Do you realize what is using those bridges today.?????

A hell lot more cost than replacing the bridges will cost.

If I remember right, that dirt area will become part of the river and the sediment area.

Do you realize what is using those bridges today.?????

A hell lot more cost than replacing the bridges will cost.

If I remember right, that dirt area will become part of the river and the sediment area.
Yeah I know trains, trams, trucks! Just a pipe dream but at least the bridges should be cleaned up and so should the area in the future lol!

Yeah I know trains, trams, trucks! Just a pipe dream but at least the bridges should be cleaned up and so should the area in the future lol!
There is a lot more been use for those unuse bridges over the roads that will cost a lot more to move than rebuilding bridges or painting them. What good is it to paint something or built new when they are tag with hours or days of being done.

Cleaning up the Don and the Green Space rank at the bottom of most people list to fund or do. Great for some of use to see, but most people don't give a shit.

There is a lot more been use for those unuse bridges over the roads that will cost a lot more to move than rebuilding bridges or painting them. What good is it to paint something or built new when they are tag with hours or days of being done.

Cleaning up the Don and the Green Space rank at the bottom of most people list to fund or do. Great for some of use to see, but most people don't give a shit.
Some day the committee will say yes to cleaning this area up.

It's been a long time since they flew their drone to video the construction status, you would think with such a high profile project they would do it every 3 months or something. I like watching those videos gives good overview of the status.

FA6F842B-ECF8-4E70-9FBC-13EADDD2FA67.jpeg

Though it's a separate (City) project it seems to fit best here so I can report that the planned refurbishment of the Ship Channel Lift Bridge has started. One (alternating) lane of traffic (bike path unchanged). Signage says starting March 2022 and completion in 2025. Info on the (large) project is at http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.MM35.36

Interesting these extensions are only until July 31, are they expecting completion?

TE32.50
ACTION​
Ward: 14​
Construction Staging Area - Time Extension - Port Lands Flood Protection - Cherry Street Temporary Diversion Road
Origin
(April 1, 2022) Report from the Director, Traffic Management, Transportation Services​
Recommendations
The Director, Traffic Management, Transportation Services recommends that:

1. City Council authorize the continuation of the temporary closure to vehicular and pedestrian traffic on the west sidewalk and two southbound lanes on Cherry Street between a point 55 metres south of Commissioners Street and a point 393.5 metres further south, from June 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022, inclusive, for purposes of the Port Lands Flood Protection Project and Enabling Infrastructure Project.

2. City Council authorize the continuation of the temporary closure to pedestrian traffic on the east sidewalk on Cherry Street, between a point 195 metres south of Commissioners Street and a point 263 metres further south, from June 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022, inclusive, for purposes of the Port Lands Flood Protection Project and Enabling Infrastructure Project.

3. City Council authorize the continuation of the temporary closure to pedestrian and cycling traffic Martin Goodman Trail on the east side of Cherry Street, between a point 195 metres south of Commissioners Street and a point 263 metres further south, from June 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022, inclusive, for purposes of the Port Lands Flood Protection Project and Enabling Infrastructure Project.

4. City Council authorize the continuation of the temporary closure to vehicular and pedestrian traffic each of the north boulevard and the 5.5 metre wide portion of the westbound lane on Polson Street, between Cherry Street and a point 83.5 metres west, from June 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022, inclusive, for purposes of the Port Lands Flood Protection Project and Enabling Infrastructure Project.

Back