So how many enterneces are there gonna be to villers island for vehicle access when it's all said & done ?

Currently, there are three crossings with four bridges, Cherry North, Cherry South and Commissioners.

But if you look at the completed rendering, there is an additional crossing at New Munitions street, and once the streetcar. bridges are built at Cherry South and Commissioners, it will be four car bridges and three streetcar bridges, and I guess at least 2 pedestrian bridges since we're counting.

26711-93329.png230125_welrt_loopoptions.png7_villiers_thelocal.jpg

So how many enterneces are there gonna be to villers island for vehicle access when it's all said & done ?
You will have Cherry St North and South, Commissioner St, A bridge over the Keating Channel near the Mouth of the Don, a new road bridge for south development on the south side of the New Mouth of The Don.

If we keep building bridges for cars, it defeats the idea of having less cars being used for the area and not supporting High Order Transit. Then, TTC and the City has already killed the High Oder Transit plan by not having the first phase of QQE built by 2014, having it to this area by 2032-35 now if then, pushing the Commissioner line well down the road along taking the line to the Shipping Channel, removing the Unwin line from the Master Plan since the city saw it wasn't needed until well past 2050 about 10 years ago. There was no money to build the LRT bridges for Commissioner and South Cherry when the road bridges were built.

Now there is the call for an LRT line south of Queen on Broadview to Commissioner St to service East Harbour that may get built by 2050 that is to connect to Villiers.

TTC wants the Commissioner Line to the Leslie Barns as plan sooner as it will get cars to/from the yard for various routes faster than it is today using Queen.

Edit:
I should note as to where all the visitors will be able to park come 2025 when the new park opens that are coming from the 905 and other areas outside of Toronto by car as well within Toronto with no High Order of Transit in place then??

Parking for the park has been an issue since day one as well as the number of cars visiting the area, along with how many spots should be built, has seen great debates over it. Parking structures are not in the picture that I know of as it will only cause more cars to be driven to the area and have a major impact on everyone.

You can't have underground parking due to the soil conditions that require special coating on the material that is buried in the soil. The last thing I heard; the coating had a 20-year cycle and is climbing with more knowledge of what must be done to protect the material from the soil condition by improving the coating.

Last edited:
I hope that playground will be ready in time for summer. I can't wait to take my son there and see the joy on his face.

I don't think they're looking at public access til spring '25, but I could be wrong on that.

lol is that Tri-Klops from He-Man?

Looks like @Towered has been juicing to get ready for Biking Booty Shorts season. LOL

Looks like @Towered has been juicing to get ready for Biking Booty Shorts season. LOL
Those shorts are blue though. <3

I actually have been! Eventually I'll cosplay as this guy...

Back