Just now. Traffic has been moved to the two south lanes.

20171216_124039.jpg

Attachments

• 20171216_124039.jpg
    20171216_124039.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 407
Btw. They poured concrete 3 days ago. It was subsequently paved over. They were paving through the snow. I don't have any technical background in this area. But it's not very reassuring how everything is put peace-meal and patched in this weather.

Last edited:
Btw. They poured concrete 3 days ago. It was subsequently paved over. They were paving through the snow. I don't have any technical background in this area. But it's not very reassuring how everything is put peace-meal and patched in this weather.

The project completion was always Jan 2018. Cold weather paving was always part of it. It's a low speed, low volume road; the paving requirements aren't as stringent as a 400 series highway for smoothness, durability etc.

They can pave roads in January??? When will this thing be open?
The base layer for the main road is finally done. They haven't done any substantial work on any of the sidewalks, and there are some missing curbs too. The plants/trees and other greenery is nowhere near close to be done despite the original plan to finish everything by the end of January. None of the new traffic lights are installed. Lack of traffic lights is going to be their biggest issues potentially delaying the opening. Most of the light posts are still missing.

Entire project was derailed after a very speedy demolition that was done in the spring. It's unfortunate that they had to work through several weekends and nights to demo the ramp only to have the construction crew miss their deadlines. Also, it is disappointing how peace-meal this entire thing is being put together. I wouldn't be surprised that in 5 years, the road will be full of cracks and bumps. Oh well.

The plants/trees and other greenery is nowhere near close to be done despite the original plan to finish everything by the end of January.
Even the most optimistic schedule did not see the construction work done before late fall so I strongly doubt anyone planned to plant trees etc this fall. Planting in the fall is fine if it allows enough time for roots to be settled in before the frosts so most people do not try to plant after early October. Spring planting is generally much better with far fewer 'deaths'.

Last edited by a moderator:
The original city notice (when the y/b/y ramp was closed in Jan) said it would be done by Nov. 2017, but that date was scrubbed shortly after and no update was given
Even the most optimistic schedule did not see the construction work done before late fall so I strongly doubt anyone planned to plant trees etc this fall. Planting in the fall is fine if it allows enough time for roots to be settled in before the frosts so most people do not try to plant after early October. Spring planting is generally much better with far fewer 'deaths'.

Back