Greater Toronto Area is quite unique among North American metropolitan areas that there are large skyscraper clusters spread out all over. Don't think this exists anywhere else in North America. With Mississauga skyline to get even more crazy in the next 10 years. It will confuse people even more.

The Toronto region is far further along in this respect than other urban areas on the continent. Interestingly, another Canadian metro, Vancouver is the closest other example. It speaks to how Canadian urban planning differs from that in the US. Los Angeles and Miami have elements of this too but neither have made concerted efforts to develop alternative clusters. In LA they exist due to the amalgamation of small cities that grew into the whole. In Miami, it's largely due to people wanting beach front views up and down the coast.

Last edited:
Has pride gone? Especially for making a buildings?
You're assuming they had some to begin with. And some people have no design sense whatsoever. You'd think they wouldn't hired in sectors where design matters, but they do. Put these 2 thing together and we have what we have.

I've often wondered what their reaction is when the cab goes a different direction than expected and they approach the core via Gardiner.
Probably imagining that they reached downtown when they approach Humber Bay Shores

You're assuming they had some to begin with. And some people have no design sense whatsoever. You'd think they wouldn't hired in sectors where design matters, but they do. Put these 2 thing together and we have what we have did have pride once, look at the buildings constructed in the first days of Toronto old city hall... etc. So... we are able to
clearly they did once have a look at a building called old city hall. Or massy towers podium. Or many others from that era. Cutting costs Isn’t reasoning to be a boring building. That all time has to look at. And scattered everywhere. No one cares for these buildings that are just boxes and balconies. If your only caring about the interier spaces then your A person who’s only interested in them selves.

clearly they did once have a look at a building called old city hall. Or massy towers podium. Or many others from that era. Cutting costs Isn’t reasoning to be a boring building. That all time has to look at. And scattered everywhere. No one cares for these buildings that are just boxes and balconies. If your only caring about the interier spaces then your A person who’s only interested in them selves.

Quite right. Over the decades we've monetized everything to its pure functionality. Beauty, art, quality, embellishment are unfortunately the first things to go. One has to wonder if we've hit rock bottom or if we still have new depths to discover. Will they come out with new even uglier building materials that gain widespread use because they're cheaper? Possibly, so the only tonic is for us to get substantially wealthier as a society. Only then will consumers be willing to shell out extra for something physically attractive.

We make similar choices every day. SMEG toaster for $240 or a Chinese made Black & Decker for $15?

And now for something completely different:
mccjzed.jpg

I took quite a few images of the site today, but I'll leave this here to sum it up. The spandrel is really unfortunate in terms of where it's located, but I knew I'd have my issues with this project no matter what...the podium is not ideal massing wise IMO.
20210226_165917.jpg

These 2 towers have more Spandrel than any other tower in Toronto area. Any other contenders in mind?

Back