It's pretty clean at the top of M1 - photo from September 25th. Haven't had a chance to go through all of them yet but thought I would drop this one to give @drum118 photos some context.
View attachment 429169

Is there any way I can find out when the crane is being removed? I'd love to shoot that.
A good indication would be if they setup a smaller temporary crane at the top but it might not be easy to observe from ground level.

Significant delays due to the TSSA Strike that began on July 21, 2022, negotiations are ongoing. Unavoidable Delay Period may last six (6) or more weeks, the exact length of the Unavoidable Delay Period yet to be determined.

Significant delays due to the TSSA Strike that began on July 21, 2022, negotiations are ongoing. Unavoidable Delay Period may last six (6) or more weeks, the exact length of the Unavoidable Delay Period yet to be determined.
They will put up the large jib crane first to take the crane down and it will not be hard to see if you are looking for it. A smaller crane will remove the big jib since it can be brought down on the elevator.

Weather will have a lot to do with a time table as well what every still has to be lift with the tower crane. Going out on the limb, late Oct or early Nov for the move.

Sept 27
All fly form and shoring has been remove for forming the roof on M1. Due to the higher height of the roof compare to the floors, shoring had to be place under the fly forms that saw it to be built in phases.

To crappie to get shots in the rain and will have to do it on another day.

M2 roof is moving very slow with work still taking place on the centre section.

A lot more colour glazing installed around the base.

Sidewalk with punch in for a few cars being built on Confederation with most of M2 area done. Going to be some time before sidewalk get done on Burnhamthrope that will see punch in parking in a number of location. A good chunk of sidewalk in place on Webb with work taking place for the road between the 2 towers.

It's pretty clean at the top of M1 - photo from September 25th. Haven't had a chance to go through all of them yet but thought I would drop this one to give @drum118 photos some context.
View attachment 429169

Is there any way I can find out when the crane is being removed? I'd love to shoot that.
When I saw this image, I was reminded of those aerial shots of Square One when it was first constructed in the 1970s. This one is from the other direction as the photo uploaded here by Bangkok. (I tried to find the same angle, but Google Images had other plans.)

city_centre_aerial_1973.jpg

When I saw this image, I was reminded of those aerial shots of Square One when it was first constructed in the 1970s. This one is from the other direction as the photo uploaded here by Bangkok. (I tried to find the same angle, but Google Images had other plans.)

city_centre_aerial_1973.jpg
I believe the old Toronto-Guelph interurban Line RoW is slightly visible on the right side of the picture here.

It's funny to me how they built large malls in the "middle of nowhere" in the 70's and 80's. Such as Square One and Limeridge in Hamilton. The big draw for these malls was free parking, I am not sure about Mississauga, but Hamilton you had to (and still have too) pay for parking at Jackson Square or adjacent areas

It's funny to me how they built large malls in the "middle of nowhere" in the 70's and 80's. Such as Square One and Limeridge in Hamilton. The big draw for these malls was free parking, I am not sure about Mississauga, but Hamilton you had to (and still have too) pay for parking at Jackson Square or adjacent areas
Of course you have to pay to park at Jackson Square like Eaton's Centre as you are in the heart of the city expensive place. Sq One and Limeridge are in low expensive area when built and still are today. Sq One will one day see no free parking when there is some sort of centre as they will be no downtown there until the mall is about a 1/5 of the current size.

Should have a few more M Cities on the Sq One lands,

One of the Sq One towers should be taller alone the line of this tower I shot in Copenhagen since Mississauga like doing this different than Toronto with more style. Nice 40s Plus would be great
52381101027_341b2aa53c_b.jpg
52381100512_f5ae85de2f_b.jpg

52382037641_f0d5e4366a_b.jpg

I was inspired to shoot the today version of the SQ1 1973 photo that @mininamib recently posted. Obviously, I can't shoot from the same altitude but I think I have the right angle.

Then 1973
1664743347703.png

Now 2022
1664752927152.jpeg

Edited to add the correct photo. The original post had a photo that was a full stop underexposed

Last edited:
Hi there! I work on a team that manages the M City Instagram account. Would we be able to use these photos on the account with a credit to you? We'd be happy to link to you Instagram account, if you have one. Thanks!
It wouldn’t matter to me but I suppose you have to get permission from UrbanToronto.

Back