d117898540d3b5e8f6921295a8a3617e.jpg

Wait, what? Why are you being contentious. You made a claim. Back it up. Otherwise I will believe whatever I want. Lol. Friendo.

I'll extend a courtesy here; @ProjectEnd has a long established reputation here at UT.

He is a professional within the development community. He has access to more information than the general public, and frankly, more than most here at UT.

I'm a very knowledgeable fellow when it comes to development in Toronto.

Curiously, not really because of my career, though there is some tangential overlap; but rather because many here and by extension others have come to trust me and express their views through me.

@ProjectEnd still manages to surprise me now and again with some things I didn't see coming.

You're new here; I understand it's frustrating when people don't give you the name of someone who said something, or exactly how they know. PS It's perfectly good form to hope that they can and will provide that info in normal circumstances.

But this is a forum where many of us jealously guard our privacy for the sole reason we could not otherwise be so sharing with information; either for our own job security or those with whom we talk.

Suffice to say, unless you have demonstrable information to the contrary; you should be able to take PE's statements at face value w/o further evidence.

By all means, ask for more info, I'm sure he'll share if he can.......

But he is anything but a troll...........

Wait, what? Why are you being contentious. You made a claim. Back it up. Otherwise I will believe whatever I want. Lol. Friendo.
I managed to find the English version of Aoyuan's Inside Information statement published early this Month
refer to page 4 section c), although it doesn't say M2M project, but almost certain M2M is part of those 2 projects, which backs up @ProjectEnd's statement. I wish he could share more insider info though...

I managed to find the English version of Aoyuan's Inside Information statement published early this Month
refer to page 4 section c), although it doesn't say M2M project, but almost certain M2M is part of those 2 projects, which backs up @ProjectEnd's statement. I wish he could share more insider info though...
I really don't want to comment more on this, but if they've been on the market since Dec 2022, I'm pretty sure the industry would've heard about it, especially everyone I know in acquisitions.....

CBRE Limited has been engaged to sell M2M since December 2022,...

Aoyuan been dumping Canadian operations since March 2022,... when Aoyuan sold their largest project in Burnaby,... which made M2M their largest left,.. and next sitting duck!
"China Aoyuan sells Burnaby housing site to local developer for $215 million"

The problem for Aoyuan M2M is they overpaid for this Newtonbrook Plaza site,... about $200m with Zoning,.. while a year later, Times Groups brought similar size 5800 Yonge Toronto/NorthYork Hydro Building site across Yonge St for about $122m without Zoning but with Terms of Agreement on allowable Zoning changes which they've now exceeded from 3.6FSI to 4.61FSI with to be largest 4 towers in North York.

Nov 2021: Aoyuan is amongst the China-based companies (China Evergrande Group and Kaisa Group Holdings Ltd) currently facing a cash crunch,....

Currently, Aoyuan has Partial Permit to start Shoring and Foundation for Phase 2,... but they haven't started! Gee,... I wonder why???

Hi guys. I’ve been following this thread for a while and want to thank everyone who’s contributed photos. I’ve been following the property’s development through this thread. I bought a condo in the second phase’s South tower and right now what with the sales and everything, I must say I am a bit concerned whether or not the second phase will get built at all…

a question about the use of already allocated section 37 money for the m2m development, appreciate if anybody can answer. i see on this thread that the phase 2 is in limbo, with Aoyuan putting it up for sale. i see also they've already sold units, and the building is designed already. what the surrounding community wants out of it is of course the community center, and park that are committed to being built with phase 2.

but what happens to those commitments if the property is sold? with phase 1 built, there were really zero community benefits (aside from new supermarket, which comes about from demollishing the one that was already there). so, if phase 2 gets sold, are there string attached where the purchase would also have to commit to building the community center and park that have been negotiated for to get approval in the first place?

also, about the hoarding coming down - yes, it came down about 5 days ago (but, only for the phase 1 area, phase 2 hoarding still remains). also most of the supplies in staging area have been removed for about the same amount of time. they also moved their security booth from the southwest corner, to side east of where the new road is being built. seems that is all clearing the way for the city workers to come in and resume the road construction (i assume the elevator for the southern tower has to come down before they start road). also, crane for northern tower has come down about 3 days ago. the section of the entrance road on north side of the phase 1 building doesn't appear to have had much work on it in past 2-4 months, but they have started putting cladding back on that side (it was removed after one spot got crushed perhaps by a crane accident)

and, trees have been planted on the eastern side of the building! can post pics of these changes some time this week

Back