02/16/2024
2.png

^ Thanks for the update. These look like the most recent renderings from the M City website -

NORM-LI_230726_EXT_BIRDEYE-VF_02.jpg

NORM-LI_230911_EXT_AERIAL-NORTH_VF_02.jpg

^ Thanks for the update. These look like the most recent renderings from the M City website -

NORM-LI_230726_EXT_BIRDEYE-VF_02.jpg
And the rendering is completely false. M7 and M8 do not front Grand Park drive. Here is a shot I took from three years ago from a similar perspective:
1708612663710.jpeg

yea that's a really odd rendering. The photo it's based on looks new enough that it would have the existing condos along Grand Park already in the photo.. which means they had to remove them from the image and replace them with the M City buildings. Very odd.

yea that's a really odd rendering. The photo it's based on looks new enough that it would have the existing condos along Grand Park already in the photo.. which means they had to remove them from the image and replace them with the M City buildings. Very odd.
I think they literally moved Grand Park to the east to eliminate the existing tower site completely. All the towers in the picture are M City. Weird stuff.

You can see in the second (dusk) rendering that they actually left space for the Grand Park towers but didn’t add them in, which is not unusual for tower renderings.

What I’m guessing happened is that they were rushing to get these renderings out and multiple people made a mistake. They likely forgot that the towers were there (since so many promo materials leave them off anyway), realized something wasn’t adding up, and just extended the podiums to fill the extra space. You can see that there is a significant difference in the length of the M6/M7/M8 podiums between the two renderings.

What perplexes me, however, is how someone would have missed this, given that they would have had to remove the Grand Park towers from the image in the first place.

Feb 22
For the time being, will be able to get street shots of the hole until the ramp is remove and replace by fencing or hording

I was talking to a few locals who were saying they had to go deep to build tall towers and said it was necessary to house all the cars for the towers. The base would be the best foundation to house tall towers if it weren't for the cars as well costing less and faster to complete it.
53551711897_60b64abb3c_b.jpg

53552768923_bb388b0f92_b.jpg

53552568576_00bcc2b2d4_b.jpg

Back